Interview help please.

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by soumyapr, Dec 31, 2012.

1. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am attending interviews for job change. Please help me with some questions:
    What is a good response to Why do you want to leave current company?
    My reasons are low salary and the fact that at my current company I will be doing the same type of work for a long time. I am a content developer and want to work in different domains to get experience. How much of this info should I reveal in the interview. Can any of this work against me?

I am looking for a new job where there is scope for growth. Currently I can get only entry level jobs, as I do not have much experience. But I want to make sure that I do not stay entry level forever in my new company, and also that I get to learn new things and work on interesting projects. Can I ask the interviewer about prospects of growth? Or as an entry level candidate I should assume that growth will take 2-3 years.

I have been to many interviews one year back and I feel I was discriminated against due to my age. Many interviewers had this doubt that would I be able to work 9-5 at my age (I am 32). When asked if I have any questions, can I ask the interviewer that do they see my age as a hindrance for hiring me? Or would it be incorrect? I have also added my age in my resume this time, so that if anyone has reservations, they can eliminate it at that stage itself. Perhaps that's why I am not getting calls. :-(

Can I refuse to answer any personal questions that make me uncomfortable?
    What is a better way to deal with too personal questions?

1 person likes this.

2. gtiwari

gtiwari Senior IL'ite

Take training for attending interview,learn how to answer a question for which you do not know the answer.

3. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

thanks gtiwari. I will see if I can find any such training.
    I am also looking for opinion from experienced people, who may have themselves interviewed candidates at some point.
    Please give your suggestions to my queries above.

4. akashram

akashram New IL'ite

Prepare and practice all interview questions. Take training to prepare for interview.

5. Moumita1

Moumita1 Silver IL'ite

6. safiajen0055

safiajen0055 New IL'ite

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Hope it helps! Good luck!