1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Interracial marriage - How to convince his family?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Lucile9999, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

He is using you for timepass. If he was genuine, he wouldnot have got in to a relationship knowing about his family circumstances.

1 person likes this.
  2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Forgot to add one more point. Most of the UP guys dont drink or smoke..but eat Ghutkha.(worse than tobacco). and paan and spit around. Just FYIP..

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

OP:
    I am a westerner who has been in India a lot over the last 18 years with many Indian friends. This guy is not the guy for you. The mindset of village guys from UP is not going to give you a long term relationship that you will like. There are guys who can make it work with someone who is not Indian, but not with the profile you have presented. Cut off contact with him and go home. Remember it as a fling and move on.

1 person likes this.
  4. Lucile9999

Lucile9999 New IL'ite

Thank you for all your comments.

I think many people have stereotypes about UP, right? I know that many guys from UP are very bad, but I think it is a bit hard to judge someone in only some sentences.

His father died 13 years ago and he has been in charge of his family since then. His whole family relies on him. He has sacrificed his childhood, his studies, his dreams for them.

I also thought he was not serious about our relationship. But he is living behind my house. All the (foreign) trainees who worked in the company I am currently working for lived here. So he had many opportunities to choose another girl before for fun, but he didn't.

Two months ago, he told me that his family might accept me. But he kept hoping. I am the one who put pressure on him to tell about our relationship to his family to know if he was ready to assume me.

He is very nice to everyone. Whenever someone needs something, he is always ready to help. In my life, I have never known a person like that. Everybody appreciates him. My boss and his wife also know him very well. If he was playing with me, then he would be very good at this game.

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

OP: I don't think that anyone (at least I didn't) say he was a bad person. But the cultural differences are bigger than you understand. You are not the first westerner posting on this forum either before or after Indian/non-Indian marriage. You asked for input and yet you don't want to hear the input. So why don't you go up to his village in UP and see how it is?

3 people like this.
  6. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Though he is Good Guy as per your statements, he is not ready to marry you for his family sake. So what can you do??? The only option left for you is to go back to your home. I feel your BF wants to maintain Live In Relationship with you until he gets married to a Girl of his Family's choice.

Sorry, If I am hurting you but this is the reality I foresee in your case.

7. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Some part of India is still very racist/based on honour code and you managed to select someone from that area. Have you met his family?

8. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

If he has made it clear that he "obviously" is going to choose his family over you, why do want to be with someone who clearly doesn't want you??

9. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Please,move on. U wil save urself a lot of heartache.. If u feel he is really serious ask him to marry you n see what he says,. His family n circumstances r not gonna change by being undecided or having a live in relationship.. If marriage is not on the cards why do u wanna waste ur time n get upset..

10. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Lucile.. You are in Love and We all can understand you can't hear bad words about your love.

But think practical also.. He must be very nice as you are saying but straight away saying that he will choose his family and not you, doesn't lead towards the betterment of this relation. So better is to Move On.

Is there any way that he can take his family to Goa forever , Away from the villagers and relatives ? Coz as you said earlier his Mother was agreed to this relation then why not live in a world away from those relatives and villagers who are creating problems. Just a suggestion from my side, Try if it is possible in this way.