Internet usage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by machan, Jan 7, 2013.

1. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,
    How are you all?I came here for a small suggestion.I am a house wife.I am having a internt connection with unlimited usage.But i am using this for dowloading books,songs and movies.:hide::hide:The main sites i always openg is Il,Fb,gmail and some you tube(for crochet tutorials).I want to use this internet for something useful..I am simpley openig and chatting and dowloading.thatss all .This s my daily routine.What else I can do using this .
    I want to do something useful.Could you please give me some suggestions:bowdown:bowdown.

2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

There is no end to the things you can do on the web, active or passive. It depends on your interests.
    I am sure you know that the web (Youtube, other sites) has video lectures on every topic under the sun by outstanding speakers.
    for example, see: Justice with Michael Sandel - Online Harvard Course Exploring Justice, Equality, Democracy, and Citizenship

Here are some other sites that you may find useful:

TED.com
    Khanacademy.org
    Udacity.com
    OpenCulture.com
    edX.org
    Coursera.org
    Codeacademy.com

3 people like this.
  3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Ahem ahem.. apart from the things our Sokannan suggested, you can also download movies, spiritual videos, Nat Geo videos, kids games, etc.

These movies come in blue ray print that offers fantastic clarity, and it takes 4/5 GB, which can be later watched together with the family!

3 people like this.
  4. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

Thank u friends for ur suggestions.I will check these sites..Its a good idea to listen the good speeches

5. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

Thank u freind..s...I love to play games and waching movies.I love to watch Fairy tales movies...Where can we download such movies.I have googled But I not able to get proper site

6. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    You can create blogs in blogger,wordpress web sites without money. If you add adsense to your blog you can start earning...

3 people like this.
  7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    I do the same plus from chats got inspired to start blog for blog purpose I keep doing many things like cooking or crafts too... so learnt a lot after using internet

1 person likes this.
  8. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Machan Sister,

The whole world is in front of you at your desk, Though your usage for downloding movies, tutorials, Social networking sites browsing could be a part of it, I would suggest you to use it for learning simple basics. If you are inclined spiritually learn Slokas with correct pronounciation, master it, you will be blessed.

It can be even learning a Language, Improve you IQ, Something related to WEB developement if you are interested in that, and also do not stop there, for instance you opt to learn FRENCH, document them in simple language and share it with others in your own BLOG or IL or FB ... Time spent, Internet spent will be really useful,

Start now, next year you would have learnt a language in simple terms, It need not be a new or foreign language, you can help yourself to improve vocabulary in English itself and use them for Snippet writing...

Best wishes, keep updating...

6 people like this.
  9. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Blogging is very useful! I keep a private blog which I use to write things that I feel no one else should read, thoughts and feelings that are special to me, writing is like therapy!

1 person likes this.
  10. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the likes dear...