International Schools in Singapore

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by akalyaraju, Sep 6, 2007.

1. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Re: Global Indian International School

hi

i am sujatha here. we relocated to singapore from uae in jan 09. i had the same confusion of schools. my daugter studied in an indian cbse school there(excellent education) so we thought of admitting her in GIIS or NPS. NPS fees was too hig around 1000$ per month for P3 which we thought definitley not worth it. i am sure they are not going to offer anything worth that money( since i am in the teaching profession i can vouch for this ....) . Many of our friends said a big no to GIIS. so i admitted my daugter in a singapore public school and believe me the people here are really very friendly and after a week of discomfort (which can happen even in an indian school for a new comer) my daugter is really very happy to go to school. the only problem is may be the work load is definitely more when compared to indian schools. it all depends on how we parents handle it.they also get an opportunity to mingle with children from other countries. hope this helps u....

2. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

My interest in this post maybe a "detour" from the current topic, sorry! Since you relocated to Singapore from the UAE (where from, in the UAE, if you don't mind), I would like to know how do you find life in Singapore, in general? Or is it too soon for you to comment, taking into consideration the fact that it's been only a couple of months since you relocated. In any case, I would appreciate your comments. Thanks in advance.

3. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

hi

i stayed in sharjah. and after living in a place like uae even heaven will not be as comfortable, believe me. i miss uae a looooooooottttttttttt. it was like living in our own country. anyways thats life... whts ur opinion?????

4. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Yeah! the people here are warm and we don't miss our country much cause we have so many Indians living here. But still in some corner of our hearts when it comes to festivals and certain functions, we do miss India. That's always there.

How do you find Singapore? I would like to know more about it.

5. chatoos

chatoos New IL'ite

Hai

The cbse school i was hearing about is Yuva Bharathi international.It seems their society has been running schools in Tamilnadu ,successfully, for the past 35 years. They hav plans to open in Jurong east from june this year,thats what i heard. Anyway these are subject to the approval of the singapore govt. So...lets wait n watch.

Cheers

gaya3 !

6. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

hey gaya3

thanx for the good info. did u study in meenakshi by any chance?

7. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

hey gaya3

thanx for the info. did u study in meenakshi by any chance?

8. chatoos

chatoos New IL'ite

No Suja!

I did my college in coimbatore.Married n settled in chennai.

Cheers

Gaya3.

9. chatoos

chatoos New IL'ite

Hi Suja !

How are the existing cbse schools in s'pore.? Any idea ? Actually my bro is in Dubai.He is likely to move to india or s'pore.We are exploring the options at both places, for his children's education.That is where, i came to know that Yuvabharathi is starting one in s'pore.They are very good in cbe.Wud like to know about the schools in s'pore also.

Thanx in advance

Gaya3 !

10. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

hi gay,

incidentally v also moved to sing. frm sharjah in jan. v were very happy with the uae education in terms of std as well as fees. pls go thr all the threads to have a rough idea abt sing schls. based on wht people r saying schools are ok but the fees is not ok. they are charging very high fees around 1000$ a month including transportation and other sundry charges apt. frm tuition fees and the initial registration fee is also ard 2500$. so based on my husband's frds suggestions v hve admd our daugter in Primary 3 in a singapore public school. children have to work very hard and they have to overcome the cultural difference also, if its a sing school. so both has advs and disadvs.

keep in touch