International Schools in Singapore

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by akalyaraju, Sep 6, 2007.

1. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear poorni,

Here it is christmas vacation. So don't worry. you are not late.schools reopen in jan. and here all the schools take in mid.

and for housing we also got the flat in 15 days.It is better to search a house after you come here. within 3 or 4 days you will know about the places here. so after you decide on your child's school , you can search for a flat in the particular area.

Here the public transport is very good and so you can reach anyplace from anywhere without any difficulty.now the rental is almost same for condo and hdb.so you decide to choose a good one.

I will be happy if you come to east(to our melville park).

2. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi Kamala,

Even if we are not choosing our house in east we would keep in touch.What class is your kid is in GIIS, how do u feel about the school and the teaching.

With Regards,
    Poorni:):)

3. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi Kamala,
    We can keep in touch even if we are choosing our house in the east.what class is your kid in GIIS, how do u feel the school, their academics,their extra activities , class strength.....

With Regards,
    Poorni:):)

4. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

throw some light on GIIS- queenstown

hi all....
    we are seriously planning to move bac to sg frm US this yr end..I want to put my 5yr old into this indian school...but a friend says thou the same syllabus as indian school...but says std is not there??? is it true ?? do any of ur kids study there ? i want to get a feedbac frm ppl who live there...I also want to know what is the admission criteria when my kid goes to std 1 !! hope u all can throw some light on the various issues there.
    TIA
    joshila

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

6. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

Re: throw some light on GIIS- queenstown

hi abhi ...
    oops...didnt see it ...thanks for the link will chk it out !!
    rgds
    joshila..:bowdown

7. chatoos

chatoos New IL'ite

Hai everyone

I can inform you that another indian school is planning to come up with cbse syllabus.May be from this june (2009).Hope this will solve many of the indian parents wish ,looking for good indian schools.

Cheers :thumbsup

8. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

hm...interesting ....do u know which school ??

9. kj2008

kj2008 Senior IL'ite

Hello everyone!!

We just moved from India 4 mnths back. Am staying in Bedok.
    My 6 yr old daughter goes to GIIS. She finds the school ok and has got adjusted. Though the school is quite expensive. The school is good and she doesn't feel alien to Singapore after joining this school as she sees indians around. The syllabus is almost the same as she joined midterm.

As for NPS i have heard the school is good. But again the fees is quite high.

Hope this info helps :thumbsup

10. dbirlase

dbirlase New IL'ite

Global Indian International School

Hi guys.

Been a local PR in singapore for quite some time now and I have seen the local school sylabus and the global indian school sylabus as well. While singapore local schools are funded by the government and kids learn the same amount of knowledge whether local school or expat school.

I am considering withdrawing my kid from the Global Indian International School. I agree with the friends and people on the net that for the school's standard have been going down for the past few months. I am considering switching to the local system, just want to get your views as some of my friends have already withdrawn from the school.

While i do agree with parents that they find it easier to go back to india and get their kids transfered. I have known that people from local system do get admission into india after sitting the adminission test in a local school. My neighbour was studying Primary 1 here and she went to india and got the same standard as the schools in india. The curriculum might be different due to CBSE and the local system, but the fundamental teaching styles are the same. Just want to hear from parents who have already changed school system and how they are finding it. Like return to india i guess, but return to local system.

thanks