International Schools in Singapore

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by akalyaraju, Sep 6, 2007.

1. aditi00

aditi00 New IL'ite

Moms with kids at NPS

Hi,

I would be staying at Tanjong Rhu and wanted to know what would the travel time by school bus be for my son. Some one said close to 30 mins, I think thats way too much. If any of you have an idea pls let me know!

Thanks

2. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

Re: Moms with kids at NPS

hi,
    i would also like to know about the time that your child takes to travel to school. how much of travel time can kids cope with.
    I sometimes see that even when the school is close by the pick up bus comes in very early!!!!

3. Madhavi1981

Madhavi1981 New IL'ite

Re: indian school in singapore

Hi Mihika,
    My daughter is going to DPS. She really loves to goto school. She has a lot of friends & likes her teacher very much. She talks good english. We feel in DPS they have to improve their infra structure but academic wise they are good. I feel the kids feel very secured in that environment. I do agree the local schools are good but the kids have more pressure from their P3.

4. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi IL,
    We are relocating to singapore next month from shanghai.my son is 5 yrs old.can you suggest some good schools.is there a syllabus difference between GIIS and DPS.we would be relocating to india after two years.

Thanks,
    Poornima

5. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi,

GIIS is CBSE. DPS is ICSE.

Poornima

6. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Any informations on the local schools of singapore.My son is 5 yrs and what would be the class he could be admitted in singapore local schools.i heard that local schools are doing better than the indian schools.
    Please provide me some suggestions.

Thanks,
    Poornima

7. Rimii

Rimii New IL'ite

Hi Poorni,

Welcome to Singapore..Ull surely love this place..I cannot advise u anything on ur childs school since Im very new to this place..But i wish u all the best.

Regards,

Rimi

8. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi Rimii,
    Since because u r new to singapore, u would be the best to advise me about the house hunting and other things.

Poornima:hiya

9. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear poorni,

Welcome to singapore. I came here before 2 weeks.I think i can tell some small infn which i got from our friends.
    1.If you have plans to relocate to india, best option would be indian schools.There are 3 indian schools here.
    1.Global indian school(GIIS)
    2.National public school(NPS)
    3.Delhi Public school(DPS)

I have put my daughter in GIIS based on the adv. given by our friends.The School is very big and has 3 campuses.I saw the portions and books.I feel it is good. The school has big grounds and other facilities. They give imp to extracurricular activities.
    So i feel our children will enjoy going to school.

As i am from bangalore , i know about NPS.It is one of the best schools in bangalore and when you compare the std of teaching , it is far ahead.
    BUt i donot know how the singapore NPS will be as it is recently started.

As most of us know DPS is also a very good school.

THe Fees is slightly higher in indian schools when you compare them with the local schools.

THe age criteria is main in singapore local schools.THere is a gap of 1 year between indian and local schools.
    And i heard, singapore schools concentrate more on academics.

This infn given by me is based on what i got from other people who live here.

There are 2 types of apts normallly people prefer here.

1.HDBs and 2.private condos.When i was searching for apts. i could see, hdbs are also on higher side and so i preferred a condo.

Prices of condos are slightly higher when compared to hdbs.But will have well maintained s.pool and gym and other recreational facilities.

You can live anywhere in singapore due to the best public transport available.

We booked our apt through an agent.If you want the ph.no. please mail to me to the same id at gmail.

1 person likes this.
  10. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi Kamala,
    Thanks a ton for your great information.How about the admissions in school, are v late????we would come there this month end and we would stay in a office provided hotel for 30 days.do u feel is this enough to search for house....how about the furnished apartments there...

Would mail u personally,:cheers

Thanks,
    Poorni