International Schools in Singapore

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by akalyaraju, Sep 6, 2007.

1. NeerajaSur

NeerajaSur New IL'ite

Re: indian school in singapore

Hi Vijee,

Yeah I u'stand. This *janjat* of commuting on weekends for mother tongue classes are there. But for that reason, i dont see anything special in Indian Schools.

Computer Typing Shoba.

2. NeerajaSur

NeerajaSur New IL'ite

Hi Mihika,

I u'stand. I have to tell you that its really not that scary as its getting picturized. Actually speaking, (in my very honest opinion) kids adjust very well. Its only some parents who worry about the streaming. However, the system has changed now. It is not that obvious now-a-days. They have a mix in every class. And invariably, most EXPAT children do well compared to *local* indian kids.

At the end, its fianlly your own choice.

So good luck.
    :thumbsup

3. NeerajaSur

NeerajaSur New IL'ite

Hi Vijee,

I missed to write abt NPS. Its National Public School. Has branched out from Bangalore. Its quite prestigeous back in India. Am sure you have heard about them.

Shoba.

4. sangs.srinivas

sangs.srinivas New IL'ite

Hi all,
    My kid is in DPS. He is studying in 3rd standard now. I feel comfortable with the school. Only thing is that it is expensive compared with local schools, but here we can find our languages and easy comunication.
    We were here in last October and got a midterm admission. He got adjusted as it was the same syllabus and no communication problem.
    Sangeetha

5. dbirlase

dbirlase New IL'ite

Hi Mihika,

my eldest son is going to GIIS singapore. Its quite nice. And they seem to be expanding fast. The curriculum is nice and they teach tamil also.

My wife wanted my eldest son to take tamil as that's his mother toungue.

Dinesh.

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Thanks Shoba,

For the info about NPS. No have not heard about them, as I am not familiar with B'lore.

7. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

NPS is in bedok n te teaching is excellent back in india.one of my cousin studied in tht school.heard tht the majority of teachers r frm blore n r more experienced.

8. Ratna75

Ratna75 New IL'ite

Hi,

My son is in GIIS.I felt OK with this school.I have put my son there mainly for cultural issues and syllabus.But only thing is fee is on the higher side for middle class parents.NPS is costilier than GIIS and DPS

9. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear all singapore ils,

what is the min age for L.K.G. in singapore.I put my daughter for l.k.g at 3 and 6 months(as on june).Now she is in 2nd std.will she be able to continue her 2nd std in singapore?

Normally in bangalore they take only at 4 years.some how i got her admitted in cbse school at 3 years and 6 months.

Please help me in this.

10. Ratna75

Ratna75 New IL'ite

Hi Kamala,

If u admit ur child to Indian schools ,she can continue in 2nd std. itself,but if u admit to local school she has to go to Ist std.Actually we came here from Bengaluru when my son was studying 4th and he has been admitted to GIIS for Class 4 itself.(Indian school)with same CBSE syllabus. So he adjusted to the new place very easily without any worries.