International Calling Card

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by tryst, Jul 6, 2009.

1. tryst

tryst New IL'ite

Hi,

I will be going to Abu Dhabi shortly. I am bit worried about the ways to call back home. Where do you get to buy International Calling Card in Abu Dhabi? Please advise if there are any outlets in the Airport itself

thanks

2. anjuvinay

anjuvinay New IL'ite

hi tryst,
    welcome to UAE...UAE is almost an extension of indian crowd..nothing to worry ..u will find lots of indians here...so calls back to india is not at all a problem...u get to buy international calling cards mostly in all groceries and supermarkets.it is charged at the rate of almost 12 rupees per minute...the service providers here is etisalat and du. once u get a mobile connection u can activate your isd and direct calling is possible with low peak hrs at 2-4pm UAE time evryday & full day of fridays.one option what u can do is put your india mobile on roaming so that in case u have difficulty getting the card or anything u can atleast use your india monile itself at the airport ..only issue will be u will be charged international rates..hope this will be of some help to you..bye anjana

3. Moksh

Moksh New IL'ite

Hello,

Not to worry about calls. there are many VOIP calls which can be done through the internet. All u need is a Headphone. Also an option of phone-tophone is availabble with the same internet call. u can connect through the internet and speak using ur private cell. And the cost is resonably good , i.e. for 35 AED u can speak about 3 hours. U can try the best Freecalls, smartvoip, Actionvoip, vyke and many more. U can get these recharge cards from near by internet browsing centres and they also give u the software for making the call.

Hope this helps!

Komala