1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Conversation Between Me And Dd!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by omsrisai, Jan 24, 2018.

1. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

DD: Mom what is this?

Me: Dad had performed very well at office last year and so the company has awarded him with “Star achiever” award.

DD: Wow, that is good to hear mummy and I need to share this with my friends.

Me: Oh, why dear you share this with your friends?

DD: See mom my friends will appreciate Dad na, and you know Dad has very good habits and some bad habits.

Me: So what good habits and bad habits he has ma?

DD: He really works hard at office and takes good care of us but bad habit when at home, he takes the laptop to work and then he watches TV and video in his mobile which is not good ma.

Me: Ok, so I will tell Dad about this and so he can change the bad habits.

DD: Mummy, ssshh mummy no no don’t tell this to dad.

Me: Trying hard to control my laughter seeing my DD actions and reactions.

This conversation stuck in my mind and I started to reflect how kids are growing up:

(i) Gone are the days where parents shared their kid’s achievements to friends and relatives, it looks now the other way around.

(ii) If we start the conversation with them and ask questions, the answers they give to us is reflection of what they see in us and a valuable feedback for us to change our self.

MonikaSG, kaniths, periamma and 4 others like this.

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@omsrisai Uma your little princess Deshna is very cute. Kids are very brilliant nowadays. My wishes to Deshna

omsrisai likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Uma,

Thank you for sharing the conversation between your daughter and yourself. The new generation is remarkably brilliant. Not only they tell you what they see and it is always "What you see is what you get" with them as well. Openness, articulation, ability to learn quickly, etc. are the traits inherent in the children nowadays.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband in her very successful and happy future.

Viswa

omsrisai likes this.
  4. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

@periamma,
    Yes,it is really true that kids are brilliant and we as parents have great responsibility in grooming them as better person.

5. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra ,

Yes appa,what you have mentioned is correct and as mother i am growing up day by day to understand her and also to guide her in the right path.
    Hope all is well and its been long time speaking to you.

6. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame