Interesting breakfast recipes for kids wanted

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by aparajitasarkar, Feb 24, 2009.

1. aparajitasarkar

aparajitasarkar New IL'ite

Hello all IL gals!
    How’s life? You see girlies, I’m having a spate of frantic activity coming up my way. My cousin will be visiting our Bangalore home next week with her husband and children. They’ll be staying on for a fortnight…her hubby has some work here. But the problem troubling me is that I don’t yet have a child I don’t have much idea what food kids like best. You know, I have to stuff my kitchen with all things they need but I scarcely have an idea how to go about it.
    I’m sure some of you gals are fabulous cooks and can throw away some remarkable breakfast tips. Please HELP me - I don’t want to remain an ‘anari’!
    Take care everyone, bye! Aparajita

2. sunitasethia

sunitasethia New IL'ite

Hi,
    Store some ready to eat food stuffs like bicuits, chips, cakes etc.
    Usually kids do not have the patience to wait when they want to eat, so here are a few recipes you can make instantly

sweet-corn
    warm the sweet corn, add a knob of butter, salt & pepper. my child loves it just anytime.

Pop-Corn
    Heat a broad sauce pan(heavy bottom, kadhai will also do) on medium high. Add 1 tbsp of butter, when it melts add a few corn kernels(dried), saute for 30 sec. cover with a lid. You will start hearing the pop-up sound, and after 1 min. reduce the flame. Once the sound slows down switch off the gas & after 1 min. add salt for salty or honey for a sweet taste to the pop-corn.

3. sunitasethia

sunitasethia New IL'ite

hi,
    A few more:

Baked potato

Wash & prick a potato several times & microwave on high for 3 min. (time may vary depending on the size & no. of potatoes). Peel & add butter, salt, Pepper & lime juice.

Potato boats
    Bake the potato as above, slit horizontally & scoop the inside part.
    Filling 1 : Sweet Corn, chopped garlic, chopped capsicum, grated cheese, butter, salt & pepper
    Filling 2: boiled peas, chopped garlic, butter, salt & pepper
    For filling one top with a slice of tomato
    For filling 2 top with cheese cube(triangle shape)
    Bake again for 1 min on High in a microwave.

4. aparajitasarkar

Hey Sunita,

Thanks a lot!! All ur recipes are great! I mean I couldn’t wait for my cousin and children to arrive – I tried out your “Potato Boats” with Filling 2 - it was great… Thanks a lot…

UR the WORLD’S GREATEST COOK :bowdown

Lemme know if you have more such “easy to cook” recipes. This time not for kids but for me! I AM HUNGRY :banana

Bye , Take Care… Aparajita

5. coolnabanita

coolnabanita New IL'ite

It is really a problem with this breakfast thing for kids. They don’t seem to like anything. But I have been told by my friends that kids just love sandwiches, they gorge on sandwiches. You can try it out. This is one food I think with which you can keep on experimenting, I mean to say that it can come in varieties- chicken sandwich, egg sandwich, vegetable sandwich though not liked by many children, cheese sandwich.
    Start with the sandwiches…with fruit juice, the combination is quite good….
    Let me know if it worked…

6. bidishauroy698

bidishauroy698 New IL'ite

You are right, kids love sandwiches. My angel loves it; maybe I can say that she lives on sandwiches. But at the same time they are very choosy about breakfast or food in general. Kids don’t like food being repeated, at least in breakfast since it is first meal of the day.

What would be best for you is to ask your friend what does her children like eating the most for breakfast, I am sure that will help you a lot and shed off your breakfast making load. You can try out some pasta treats; they are fairly available in the market.

Hope this will help you…

7. aparajitasarkar

Hey Thanks Bidisha and Nabanita,
    These sandwiches are making me hungry, I am sure the kids will love eating the sandwiches. Bidisha, your idea of asking my friend about the breakfast her children is wise enough. This will really help me a lot and the kids as well.
    Love, Aparajita

8. saradiawrites

saradiawrites New IL'ite

How can we forget our very old ‘Magi’ Noodles? Hmmm… I love eating those and I am being told that kids love Magi and moreover with so many flavors and kinds available in the market it is tough not to get attracted. And I presume with Magi and sandwiches, you can do a lot of experimenting.

I love two sandwiches the most, one is cheese egg sandwich and the other one being cheese chicken sandwich, they are just Yummy! You can try this one out, I am sure the kids will love it as well and go for ‘Magi’ as well…do tell…

9. sunitasethia

sunitasethia New IL'ite

Thanks, aparajita for all your compliments. I am not a great cook but I'm a little lazy kind of, so always trying to find out something easy. Anyways I'll keep posting whenever possible. Right now busy because of Holi. Happy Holi.
    Sunita

10. aparajitasarkar

Hey Sunita,
    I'd wait for your lovely recipes. Also do tell us how you celebrate Holi in your place? Make a new thread, that would be nice - we all can contribute our experiences to your post.
    Waiting to hear from you,
    Love you all, Aparajita