1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting article in The Hindu about H4

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by itsjustme, Sep 20, 2012.

1. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

I don't know how many of you have already read this, but this came in the Hindu a few months back..

Part 1-

For Indian women in America, a sea of broken dreams

Part 2-
    On the H-4, a trail of misery and lonely battles

More than the article, some of the comments are worth being mentioned and appreciated-

"
    Is it right to go to a new land and demand the right to prosperity, when the citizens of the land are wilting in poverty and despair? Would we allow the same in India? Being a woman and having had to move to a new country after my marriage, leaving behind my career, friends and family, I too went into despair initially, but over the time, with the support of my husband I realized its dumb to let our lives sag into bouts of depression and illhealth.. It is difficult to step back from a promising career and active social life.. But its smarter to find ways to kick out of the “Loser feeling”.. Primarily get out of your home and talk to people.. Social isolation is a big disease.. Join some volunteer group, local activity club, community college, go exercise, clean up your lawn, network with ur husbands friends wives or have kids (u are totally busy and enjoy with your children) .If none of this works out, go back to your home town.. No money can replace happiness and Peace"

"Even I've been on h4 visa since 2010,but I didn't go through any mental trauma as described by the author.Whenever I came to know I have been rejected from a job offer just bcoz I am on H4,I feel so dejected.But I can firmly say I am enjoying a lot here than being in India and being separated from my sweet hubby.You've lot of places to travel over here and spent time.If you are a computer geek ,you've 24*7 high bandwidth broadband available,whatelse u want as a computer geek!you can do some online courses 4 free n update ur knowledge.On week days I spent my time on this magic web "internet" to learn many things and b in touch with my frnds back in India and explore new places with my hubby during weekends.So it all depends on how u live ur life n how much support you get from your spouse.Think about those people in some of the middle east countries who doesnt even have right to go out without a burka.h4s r far better than those ppl.So dont curse on being on H4,better enjoy d days here."