Interested in online French classes?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by nilaa, Sep 2, 2008.

1. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I am learning French online, if anybody is interested we can take the tests and study together. Also need guidance and tips from friends who have learnt French.
    thanks in advance.

2. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

I am interested in learning French online. But how can we study together since you live in the Maldives and I live in Holland.

3. ushagiridhar

ushagiridhar New IL'ite

i am also interested in learingin french actually learnt years ago in my school day, but forgot. there werer days when i wrote my diary in french but now zero. but what is the timing and how . please give me details

4. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Chandramukhi and Usha,

Happy to see the response. I am a beginner in learning French and just started learning from the website of bbc . Once in a week we can review as to what we have learnt that particular week. And exchange new ways and ideas in learning. We can exchange through emails. How do we get to know each others email i.d.? Meanwhile pl. start with bbc/french lessons and lessons from about.com , French.
    We shall catch up soon. What say?
    regards,
    Nilaa

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hey guys,

I am also interested in learning French. I haven't had a chance to check out the websites you have mentioned, but I particularly liked www.livemocha.com

Check it out and see if you all like this site. Probably we can stick to one site and this site will let us hook up there as friends and do a study together.

6. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear guys,
    let's start with the French lessons soon. Rama i like the website you have mentioned. But how do i send my email i.d. to you. It's better we start studying at the earliest.
    thanks for your time.

7. Chandramukhi

Yes lets start as soon as possible. But how can we get eachothers email id since New Lites cannot send/receive any private messages.

Anybody any idea how to solve this problem?

8. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

We can use the Private Messages only after completing 50 posts. Until then can we share what we learnt, right here in this thread ?

Because learning French is a necessity to me. I do not have direct access to regular classes. i shall share 5 to 10 words every day with meaning.

Pronunciation is very important , but it has to be learnt from the sound files which comes from the online course. We have no other way, right now. the response is very inspiring... thanx folks.

9. jaisapmm

jaisapmm Silver IL'ite

Hi Nila

I am also interested to learn french.When will you start a class ? I am eagarly learn french

I am also search french learning websites

Regards

10. Chandramukhi

Hello All,

Ok lets use this thread. (Hope the moderators don't mind).

But I have the following questions:

1. Nilaa will you be the coordinator/captain? Do you have time to take this task upon you? IL'tes do you agree?
    2. When will we start?
    3. Which website will we use? Please check out the websites mentioned in the thread and vote for which website you would like to use.

I also think it is important that we have a fixed week program. So e.g. for week 1 we have to know this and that.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008