1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Interested in "carnatic music"?

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by anjanivadlamani, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey prabha,

I love that song...it is purandara dasar krithi sung in carnatic in Janasammodini ragam....(what is siva kalyan's equivalent in carnatic...have to find out..)

Isn't it Govinda ninna nammave Chanda.....

I love the other two songs also......

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ashwathi,

Checkout this site...it is a treasure trove for those who want to learn carnatic music...downloadable with explanations and how to sing....

South Indian Classical Carnatic Music Krithi Archive with Online Audio Music Class and Lessons

3. sudhak90

sudhak90 Senior IL'ite

hi shanvy auntie- thanks a lot about teh info. i used to learn western on keyboard- then i wanted to learn carnatic. so i switched to carnatic- presently i'm not learning- i learnt upto a few varnams

teh keys for 7 swaras are there- with this we can compose and play on our own- if we know the scales.
    will surely look into these sites and come back to u.
    i;m in std.11 and quite busy.thanks a lot once again/

ashwathi

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey ashwathi,

though you are in std 11...you need to relax...dont be too busy...just play a few notes on the keyboard sometimes...

forgot to ask you..you want notes for some songs...there is ablog maintained by one uncle...you can check out there..he gives in carnatic swaras only...my daughter is not comfortable...she is learning for royal school of music exams....

5. sudhak90

sudhak90 Senior IL'ite

hi shanvy auntie-

i do relax a lot- i'm into many extra curricular activities- thast why the shortage of time- but i do listen to music -infact i study listening to music only- especially western classical- it does have a fantastic soothing effect adn ofcourse MS ma'm's songs which energise you.i'll chek teh sites adn let u know. thanks for the same. i'm not continuing keyboard now as my teachers' and my time clash-but i do practice whatever i know off and on.

bye auntie
    ashwathi.

6. bhanurekha

bhanurekha New IL'ite

hi anjani
    ima bhanu rekha. we stay in NJ. iam also very musch interested in music. iam teaching carnatc basics(till varnums) to my friends children and also learning kritis.
    I would like like to talk with you and share my feelings
    bye
    thanks

7. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hi to all,

Today only i came across this thread and can see many music lovers here. s how it can't be - because music plays a very important role in each and every one's life. that's gud and one more music lover joins the team........

i learnt veena from my schooling. had given kutchery in Nanganallur Anjaneyar temple (Valarandhu Varum Kalainargal program) and in Vinayagar temple nanganallur during kanda shasti and in guruvayur appan temple mandapam.

it was thrilling when i did for the first time. Participated in many instrumental competitions and won prizes.

but left in touch when i went to Dubai after marriage, so now i am back again have to start..........

after seeing this lively thread - boosts me to continue...

thanks to all.

8. Priya2725

Priya2725 New IL'ite

Hello...
    M very much interested in learning carnatic music.....
    Pls do let me know the details...

9. bhanurekha

bhanurekha New IL'ite

hi anitha,
    very glad to see ur reply.
    when ur starting again vena practise? I suggest u start as early as possible.
    IN my case it helps me to relax in my daily routine and pressures.
    Even in my case i lost touch after my marriage and my son born and i was busy with him
    After coming to us here many oppurtunities gave me hope to start it again

I have nice freinds group here. We have regular get-together parties.I sang in those parties. Everybody liked my voice nad requested me to start music classes.
    so i decided to resume it again .
    thats all from me
    bye
    rekha

10. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Rekha,

Thanks for your suggestion and idea. I am thinking of starting before the new year.

that's gud continue with ur classes. nice to hear that ur voice also supports u very much, eventhough if ur not in touch.

all the best