1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Instapot Airfryer Attachment Anyone?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Laks09, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This is actually sounding too cumbersome and I'm the kind who burns myself easily. I'll probably look at an airfryer itself.
    Thanks for the insights :)

Caughtinbetween likes this.
  2. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

I have https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Digital-Cooker-Recipes Stainless/dp/B07C7HV3FF

I brush the stainless basket with oil before air frying.I dont use the drawer pan to air fry food as the pan is nonstick.I tried Andhra fish fry,fish fingers,samosas,onion pakodi,taro fries,potato wedges and french fries but you need to boil the veggies before air frying them.This is great to cook in small amounts.I am happy with the results.They taste the same as pan fried/deep fried.I am yet to try chicken kebabs.Since there are tons of videos on air frying its easy to find the right temperature to cook the dish. It’s also great to reheat the air fried fish.

Here are the pics
    Air Fried Fish | Indusladies
    Andhra Fish fry (using air fryer) | Indusladies

A friend of mine uses Amazon.com: Avalon Bay Digital Air Fryer with Stainless Steel Basket, For Healthy Fried Food, 8 Presets, 2.65 Quart Capacity, AF25BSS: Kitchen & Dining and is happy with it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    AmulB likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Vah-Chef Sanjay Thumma is slogging Phllips Airfryer.

Airfryer, instant pot, blender, smoothie-juicer, dry grinder, wet grinder, coffee maker, popcorn maker, microwave oven, rice cooker, toaster, soup-pot, hotwater pot, bread-baker, rotimatic, dosamatic, and likely a few more. If a kitchen counter has to be designed to have them all be there, that would be something !

We are all living a much compromised life !

AmulB and Laks09 like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Now my question is can we get the same result if you use oven instead of air fryer? Tempted to buy air fryer but space constraints are stopping me :smirk:

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

A company called "Turbochef Tech" got the original patent for airfrying -- the key component of the scheme is the hot air circulation/recirculation around the food in the oven. This speeds up the cooking and saves money.
    In a conventional oven, the air circulation is not as dramatic and focussed. Hence it takes a longer cooking time. However, in some dishes, the longer, slower oven makes a better cooked food. This is true of baked goods -- like breads.

virtualkv2020, Laks09 and shravs3 like this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am looking into it mostly for fish/chicken frying. For 3/4 pieces, I never use the oven. I end up pan frying with a lot of oil.

shravs3 likes this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

This is very convincing for me to buy air fryer

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Airfryer is good for nonveg eaters....especially steaks, chicken, breaded-fish. Frozen to plate is about half an hour for a steak, including "resting" time. Chicken and fish are faster. For vegetarian cooking -- especially the desi kind -- much happens on a skillet, wok, griddle placed over a flame.

Imagine that you have a 2000W hair-dryer/styler, and you are pointing it at some usual food item you make. That is what an airfryer is. Softer foods will be thoroughly to somewhat mangled.

If you have a rice cooker, and you are a vegetarian, well... airfryer may not be all that useful taking up counter space. However, it is a lovely appliance to look at.

Laks09 and shravs3 like this.
  10. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Air fryer cooks faster compared to oven. I like my potatoes in the oven. The root vegetables like potatoes and taro root needs to be boiled prior to air frying versus dumping them raw in the oven. I like my fish and chicken in the air fryer as it’s faster and the output is the same as with using the oven,you just need to find the right temperature to cook your dish. As amulet pointed some dishes are best when baked slowly in the oven.

For making bendakaya, dondakaya, kakarkaya and aloo fry I used to bake the veggies in the oven and then transfer them to a pan and give it a tadka.With air fryer my bendakaya cooks really fast.

abc00, Laks09 and shravs3 like this.