1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inspired by Induslady's latest thread-How Did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 8, 2007.

1. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

I don't think monkeys should have a problem for our link with them maybe they would like that we are accepting it. But some people might link their feelings to the monkeys and also the ones relying or commenting on blogs would be watched.

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

I enjoyed this reply of yours to Vaidehi more than your lead post!!!
    While Vidhya 24, Vandhana and Kamla have spoken their hearts here in a much better way than I could have, so I felt that it would be better writing about your reply instead!!
    Love,
    Malathi

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    Cheeniya likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi
    You have a great way to make people happy and contented with just a couple of sentences. I think that it has a lot to do with the genuineness of your feelings.
    One more reason why I always look forward to your FBs!
    sri

4. Malathijagan

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    If I feel happy about myself for one reason, it is this specific compliment of yours-
    I know the value of this sentence since I have got the feeling from the near and dear that I can never make them happy however much I try!
    Your compliments did make my day beautiful!
    Love,
    Malathi

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  5. Malathijagan

This is very true Cheeniya sir!
    I used to have different ids for different mails not because I wanted it that way! Some times we would not have choice because that id would be already existing and the site would prompt for its own ids! Ultimately, I would forget all my ids!!! Now I have made a wise decision- either I go by the same id in all or never have an account!
    Love,
    Malathi

6. Cheeniya

When I first selected cheeniya as the id for my email, little did I realise that it would be universally accepted without any question! Maybe it sounded obnoxious or unisex, no one had thought of this id before me. In my early days, people were not sure if it was a male or female id! I am now stuck with it for good and I love it!

7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,

I picked up this response of yours from Malathi Jagan quoting it.

This is so true. I can count the number of support emails that comes saying "I forgot my password". But it is hard to count the number of support emails that come saying "I forgot my username"!!

I used to wonder how can someone forget their username itself. But now I know the simple reason being while trying to choose a name that in no way reveals their identity (or) by trying to make their name unique so that the registration system accepts it, they tend to forget the trick they followed.

Regards,
    Malathy

PS: Are you wondering why all Malathy's are late comers to your thread? I know this is something you posted years back!!

8. Malathijagan

Dear Malathy,
    I realised that this thread of Cheeniya sir was posted years back only after reading your FB! It seems that Ilites pull out old threads of his if they do not find his regular weekly contribution. That is a boon for us, late comers! Otherwise I would not bother to go fishing the ocean of Indusladies!
    Love,
    Malathi

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Malathy
    Even though cheeniya is not an easy one to forget, I keep myself always logged in to obviate the possibility of my forgetting it! I have studied a bit of Memory Isometrics that is supposed to enhance the memory power. The basic principle of this science is that the mind tends to retain stupid things more effectively than the routine things! My id cheeniya serves this purpose well.

I agree that the Malathys of IL tend to be late but it is their rare presence that makes them special. Don't we have a special place in our heart for the Kurinji flowers? Tomorrow is Masi Makham day but the one that comes once in twelve years in Kumbakonam is so close to the devout Hindus!
    Sri

10. Cheeniya

Dear Malathi
    So many fabulous writers have now come to occupy the center stage in IL, I spend most of my time reading their fantastic contributions. I find it hard to juggle my time between reading them and writing a new one. ( Does it sound a good excuse for my laziness?)
    It is so nice of ILites to keep digging out my moth eaten threads and giving them a fresh lease of life!
    Sri