1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inspired by Induslady's latest thread-How Did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 8, 2007.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

dear Cheeniya sir,

that was a good one as usual.......had a hearty laugh at the possible ids u have suggested for Gods..... and yes i too felt many times that i should have had a different user id......but i just logged on with my own name atfirst and somehow i felt good that i was being myself ...but of course like Kamala has said, i too am only a regular only on IL and dont know abt any other blogger site !
    And you have rightly talked about the unseen emotional bonds we all seem to develop.....
    good one , keep them coming!:2thumbsup:

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha
    One of my friends being fed up with continuous rejection of his request for ids by yahoo, came out with a unique one with quite a few X's and Z's. But he forgot to keep track of the number of X's and Z's in his ID and could never log in again. This is the prob with ID's which are ifferent from our names.
    They say, if u tell the truth, you dont have to remember it but if you tell a lie, you'll need a sharp memory to hold on to it. Its the same with IDs.
    Sudhavnarasimhan is great! Thookathula ezhuppi ketta kooda sollalame!:)
    Sri

2 people like this.
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear cheeniya sir,
    this was too good...the user ids for our gods was awesome...though i blog only in IL l i have become mindi so much so that recently i almost signed off as mindi in one of my letters to my dd..thats when we all realised i spent too much time here...
    Mindi

4. Cheeniya

Dear Mindi
    What do you mean by you 'almost signed off as mindi'? You mean you actually did not do that? That's too bad! It shows that the IL bug has not bitten you as strongly as it has bitten us! Very soon I expect a thread from you titled 'The day I signed off as Mindi a letter to my dd'!
    Sri

5. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniyaji,

Now I know your real name. But Sreenivasanji sounds very "holy, aloof, alone" just like how your poor namesake is in Tirumala.

Naah, I like Cheeniyaji better. It is more fun, friendly & most important, it is sweet (Cheeni = Sugar).

As for me, I get umpteen questions reg my ID. Why Corallux?

But yes, the list of usernames you gave had me in splits. It even woke up hubby who instead of a "Good Morning" said "Is tea ready? Make mine with Tea Masala."

Ah well that's life. But simply loved this thread.

Regards,

Corallux

6. Cheeniya

Dear Corallux
    In the initial stages of my avatar as Cheeniya, I was operating in the Rediff Chat rooms. I used to be mobbed by eager young men there thinking that I was some sweet girl! Later I graduated from the chat rooms to writing blogs that made these men a little circumspect. The kind of subjects that I chose for my blogs and the manner in which I presented them betrayed a bit of manliness. I did not continue the hide and seek and made it public that I was a man and in the wrong side of fifty! The shocked and disappointed men dropped me like a ton of bricks and my readership crashed!
    I have however persisted with my id till date! It is my lucky talisman!
    Sri

7. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri:

I had no idea that the thread you quote exists. Whether it does or not, I have often wondered what your user name means. And I have therefore also wondered who the real God behind Cheeniya is. You've been signing off as Sri of course. But I don't have any clue at all!!

Not that it matters. Like the proverbial rose, your compositions are the best I have come across in blogosphere, whatever you call yourself.

All the best.

oj

8. Cheeniya

Dear oj
    My original name is Srinivasan which is a typically South Indian one. It is one of the names of Lord Vishnu and means "Abode of wealth"! My schoolmates and relatives used to call me as Cheenu which is an accepted abbreviation of Srinivasan. A very close friend started calling me cheeniya in his effort to make it sound as endearing as possible. I liked it so much that I adopted it as my ID.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

You know what now this freedom will also be taken away from the bloggers. Yesterday's newspapers read a news that the government is planning to put restrictions on the content in blogs and also punish the defaulters.

10. Cheeniya

You are absolutely right Vaidehi. I dread to think of such curbs though they will be 'no skin off my nose'! That's why, I do not touch any controversial subjects and merely write about monkeys and banana. Monkeys are least likely to complain to the Government about my blog on them!
    Sri

1 person likes this.