1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inspired By Cheeniya..... Some Musings...

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 20, 2007.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Welcome back ,Sridhar Sir,we definitely missed you here.

Now IL feels like home and it finally feels complete.

To add to our cap,we have one more feather-Cheeniya(I will dare not tell his name out of due respect:wink: to my father-in-law who shares his name!)

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

I am grateful for those kind words and I want to have them framed so that whenever my spirits are down I can have a look at them for an instantaneous rejuvenation.

If my quoting of Shankara has misled you to believe that I am well read, then I have to apologise for that. The bottom line is that I know how to quote. This Nirvana Shadgam is a very small book containing 6 slokas but all rendered in the white heat of purest meditation. The words, the meaning, the rhyming have all endeared this work to me and I quote those verses quite often.

Apart from that I also belong to the class of "A -glance- at- the- blurb reviewers.

Some puritans might call me Devil's Advocate and some more call me even the Devil himself. But these honorary titles will never prevent me from saying what I want to say.

As to your taking something from the sea of my musings, well I have already taken from your ramblings. And now Bhagavad Gita again comes to my rescue. Krishna says, "parasparam bhavayathanena than deva bhavayanthuva".
    By mutually giving to each other and taking from each other we shall thrive and prosper.

And thanks for the touching welcome note.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Thanks Sunitha!

To be missed by nice people like you is a great feeling. Cheeniya is not just a feather on our cap. He is the cap itself, Sunitha.

I too missed all of you and happy to be back home here in IL.
    sridhar

4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

dear varaltti,
    You are indeed back with a bang. Cheenia sir filled your gap and his underlying sense of humour is very entertaining. THe extraordinary ability of a person to laugh at himself indicates how he has analysed himself. That I think is a rare gift.It is very WISE of you to start with his SENILE ramblings.Keep going.
    Regards,
    Meenu

5. varalotti

The next piece on an Accountants Ruminations

Most Gracious Ladies and Gentlemen,

The next piece is out. This piece is on an accountant, a flask, his wife and her tailor. There is also a bonus piece on astrology. You may follow this link:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...-accountant-flask-his-wife-her.html#post58393

Bro.Sri, the bonus piece is about our common friend. I am sure you will be able to identify him.

Regards,
    Varalotti

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Just kloved what u wrote, and kindly continue yr random writings, they just make me follow u.

Do u know I don’t know or havnt read any of the Vedas, don’t even know the names.A few years back I came in touch with KURAL and I was floored, all thanks to the interenet.Very simple and practical sayings,e asy for everyone to understand really.

But beyond this sorry to say I don’t know a damn, but now blogging takes up so much time, I have no time for God too.HAHA.

But I love what u write, and I would rather read u and Cheeniya, than I would read about God.I learn so much from u two, and Chitra too I am floored by her.

So dear friend, keep writing and u have one follower, kamal, so that one comment is reserved, though I don’t know if u would take the trouble for just one comment.HAHA.

Regards.kamal

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  7. varalotti

Dear Kamal,
    How I am going to even begin to thank you for those words? If a writer gets words of encouragement like this, even somebody like yours truly will start writing very well.
    You may not have time for God, Kamalji. But your post did remind me of God. I am now praying to Her that my writings should never never disappoint a loving soul like you.
    thanks once again,
    love,
    sridhar