1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Insect Vs Human

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Lrenuka, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Lrenuka

Lrenuka New IL'ite

I shall get into the topic soon and before that, I would like to share a few words in this dream fully first blog of mine. Very often, I sense a rush of thoughts in my mind pertaining to various topics ranging from beneficial to good-for-nothing, from amazing to silly, and what not. And I find writing the most appropriate way of expressing our thoughts, analyses, conclusions, and every kind of trash our mind indulges itself into. I feel amazed at the way I discover myself every time I pen down my thoughts and the moment I came to know about blogging, I was more than eager to share them with even those unfamiliar to me. One such unfamiliar person was Sheebavinod who gave a kick-start to my blogging life with this blog.

My reaction after reading the blog was quite impulsive. There was a sudden stir of memories which obviously took me to the days when I was studying and I came out with my first blog. I thank Sheebavinod for her stimulation, though she might not have expected what her blog could do. Well, I have not yet done anything to make me feel extremely proud of myself but the sort of inspiration I gained from many around me was immense. One of them would be my grand father who happened to be my mom’s maternal uncle. It’s been quite a long time since he passed away but his words still keep buzzing in my mind to this day.

What all he knew was just Sanskrit till the age of 15 when he suddenly decided to do polytechnic inspired by his friends. (His tiny village Kolluru in the Guntur district of AP possessed a retired engineer in those days.) He hadn’t had the slightest idea of the then school education and English was entirely an alien to him. He gathered all the books required and completed his schooling in just one year from a local tutor. Then he got trained and got entrance into mechanical engineering at a polytechnic college. Those were the days when IITs were yet to come into existence. The final exams were conducted only after the completion of all four years of the course and he stood state first. And surprisingly, he did not know what a ‘fox’ was for he did not get to come across such a word in the books he studied.

Stories as such could be amazing and inspiring but when coupled with unwanted execution, they would rather turn out to be quite agonizing. Imagine my plight whenever I had to encounter his questions pertaining to my studies. He never spared me when I was a little school girl and certainly not when I was doing my electrical engineering. I was always a topper in my class but to my horror, his standards always seemed to be unattainable and I was always rendered helpless with his unending questions. I used to try my best but he never seemed to be satisfied with the way I answered. Ultimately, he came to a conclusion that I did not care much for my studies and one day, he started with this:

We get up in the morning, work hard to earn a living, eat our hard earned bread, and then go to sleep by night. Our life starts with such a routine and then ends in a much similar way. But this is what an insect can do within a single day whereas we humans take 100 years to complete it. The only thing which can distinguish you from the insect is the way you decide to lead your life. Do something remarkable for the others to have praise for you and that alone will give your life a much deserving splendor.

He wasn’t talking just about education which he perceived as just a part of life but about life in entirety. He gave me an absolutely different angle to my perception of life. Life is not about doing things just because they have to be done. It’s about doing things earnestly and with absolute love. The rest will follow accordingly.

2. supriyaanil14

supriyaanil14 New IL'ite

The thought abot looking at life from a better angle is always a good motivation. Nice blog.

3. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

well written blog renuka.We are so used to doing things routinely ,we start feeling bored .Just as you said ,doing things earnestly sure drives away our blues and makes us more fulfilled
    vijji

4. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

Dear Renuka,

First blog and quite interesting one dear. Very introspective and in simple words you have put forth a valuable lesson everyone should try to follow in life and then life woudnt be a boring and mundane existence at all.

Keep writing dear and in the process you will find chances that will make you proud too one day like how you did to me today by stating that my blog did make a difference in your life.
    thank you so much.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Renuka,

Yours is a classic example of we never know what influences or triggers a phase. you just need a catalyst to bring it upfront.

a very different perspective of looking at things.

way to go. welcome to blogging.

6. Lrenuka

Lrenuka New IL'ite

Dear supriyaanil14,

Thanks for the comment. I applied the same thought even after marriage and it has helped me a lot.

7. Lrenuka

Lrenuka New IL'ite

Dear Deaf woman,

Thank you for the appreciation. I certainly need the encouragement of this sort for me to proceed and come out with more number of blogs.

8. Lrenuka

Lrenuka New IL'ite

Thank you Sheebavinod, I was waiting for you to read my blog. Thank you for the encouragement and I shall certainly keep posting more blogs.

9. Lrenuka

Lrenuka New IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Your encouragement will be the catalyst to me. Thank you.

10. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Renuka
    An interesting blog and a different way to view life and make it interesting. I liked it. Keep writing and we are all here with you.