1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inquisitive Aquaitenances On Crucial Time

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Jun 29, 2022.

  1. Amica

    Amica IL Hall of Fame

    Messages:
    3,037
    Likes Received:
    8,374
    Trophy Points:
    460
    Gender:
    Female
    Congratulations and all the best, @Vedhavalli!
    .
     
  2. Vedhavalli

    Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

    Messages:
    901
    Likes Received:
    1,361
    Trophy Points:
    263
    Gender:
    Female
    I got internship at one of the big 4! For 2 months. Let see how it goes
    I had several sleepless nights studying forgetting recollecting and crying.
    I had downs for long time...but my dh & close friends and IL didn't judge me for who I'm.
    Thanks for that!!

    Now, yesterday I was sharing news and talking cheerfully to my friends inside my house ie patio. This neighbor lady sensors were alert, at night 9.30 pm she called to check if I got job.
    I kept cool and rememberedthis thread said " I'm still searching why are you so curious? Are you starting day care for kids?, will drop my child if you open, kept talking about that, she finally said hehe he just asked, you didnt come outside at all."
    I told her again "I know you're just curious but to others it may feel bad, to ask calling at night with silly questions".
    Really can't believe such people exist
    Wish I can cutoff such people, 90% are like that remaining 10% post in IL.... :smiley::smiley::smiley:
     
    Amica, SriVen, Thyagarajan and 5 others like this.
  3. sociallifein30s

    sociallifein30s Silver IL'ite

    Messages:
    189
    Likes Received:
    127
    Trophy Points:
    93
    Gender:
    Female
    huhh this kind is a little tough to handle. Even ifyou are rude, they just brush off and come back with more vigor. For such people, I generally say I got something but I kept search on hold for a while as I am studying or travelling or still thinking if I should even start working. So that they will get off our backs and we cna be peaceful.
    I dread sharing any kind of information with such people.
    There was once a girl in our circle who took a 1 BR for herself. She stopped sharing apartments and pg and stuff. I was bored of living alone and shared an apartment with another girl. I never invited my friend to my new house.
    She somehow found a common friend and came to my new place !!! We all sat in the living room talking. I told my new room mate to clean up the bedroom because even if you dont invite her to see the house, she will somehow get inside to get a peek. And she did. She got a phone call so she walked away from us. instead of going out and talking she went into both our bedrooms to take a peek and came back. I dont even know if the call was genuine or a customer care/credit card offer kind of calls :D
     
  4. 1Sandhya

    1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

    Messages:
    2,060
    Likes Received:
    3,813
    Trophy Points:
    283
    Gender:
    Female
    Congratulations!! Am sure this beginning will lead to bigger and better things.
    As for the friend, take it easy. She seems maha impressed with you! Take it positive! Maybe she is impressed by your discipline and dedication and believes it’s just a matter of time before you land a job. Why argue or feel bad about it? Take it as a compliment and thank her with a genuine smile, if at all you want to give the issue any attention- would be my input.
     
    Vedhavalli, SriVen and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. preeti6years

    preeti6years Silver IL'ite

    Messages:
    122
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    68
    Gender:
    Female
    This thread made me smile and also pushed me into thinking mode. Marriage, job, studies, income everything is treated as a competition by most Indians.
    And not only with friends, neighbors or any close acquaintance, people who are at all connected also will be worried about things we possess and on what we are upto.
    I remember in my previous organization many of my colleagues used to sigh and say " oh you people are all very lucky since you are double engines " . means to say that both wife and h working.
    People forget the fact everything comes for a cost and will have some or challenges to face. All they know keeping a watch on what others are upto.
    And yes Congratulations on your new internship. Just remember actor Vijay words " Kill them with your success and burn them with your smile "
     
    Vedhavalli likes this.

Share This Page