1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Innovative styles to wear saree

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by srisujji, Jan 30, 2008.

1. rpreeti

rpreeti New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Would like to know if anyone has web links/ videos to "how to drape" different syles of the saree for eg the assamese style or the oriya style or the coorg style etc...... The ordinary Nivi style, gujrati style and the bengali style are available on the web.

regards
    Preeti

2. daevonbelly

daevonbelly New IL'ite

I bought 3 suits utsav sarees.They are terrible. Beads derails, straws are cheap and make the smell of metal held. They leave the staples of finished garments. Not one of my outfits shipped on time. Worst of all was a garment with a set of drugs, so that part of the back had sequins.

3. sadhanasriv

sadhanasriv New IL'ite

Hi!
    I work for Zee Group & ALWAYS wear sarees to work....but with a slight innovation.
    I team the saree with a close fitting T- shirt in a coordinated colour. This way there's appropriately less skin show for an ofc environment, but the form fitting advantage remains... adding grace and sexiness to the ensemble. The trick is to tie the saree really really low (under your belly, at hipbone level), Keep the weft grain exactly perpendicular to the ground to ensure the pleats fall just straight down with no puckering or angles running across thighs. The T shirt extends to the hipbone and just a little over, so you can safely dare to sling your saree low. The Low sling allows you to drape the pallu in neat flat pleats and pin these at your shoulder. Let the pallu fall across your chest, without worrying about keeping fabric pulled tight right across chest, as T shirt safely covers all.

In winter, sometimes I wear a low cut evening dress under my sari, with a fitted blazer jacket on top. Great for the Boardroom look. Very stylishly formal, and very very Indian.
    Tube tops and halters can also be worn under a saree, and yes, at office too...just team it all with the well cut fitted jacket, worn open at the front so your tube /halter is just visible, while your arms and shoulders demurely covered.
    Very, very sexy. Try it! And watch the compliments flow.
    sadhana