Inner Soul

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pra, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Pra

Pra New IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]I’m a mother of two. All my kids have settled down, and are doing really well. But somehow during the whole process of raising my kids, I lost my identity. I made a lot of sacrifices to raise my kids, by giving up a well paying job so that I could spend more time with them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]After they grew up, I didn’t know what to do with myself. Life suddenly seemed meaningless. I tried yoga, meditation and even Reiki. But nothing seemed to help. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My sister then suggested that I join an NGO. I asked my son to help me find an NGO that fights for women’s rights, something that I have always been interested about. He taught me how to find an NGO which matches my requirements. I found an NGO that works with abandoned women and helps put them back on their feet. I help teach them basic skills like cooking, stitching and handicraft skills.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It’s been a great experience, so far. I’ve found a purpose again, and feel great![/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010

2. irya

irya New IL'ite

Hi Pra,

Thats great. I am sure you will now be satisfied and happy with your life. Also happy would be the women you are going to help through the NGO. Great work.

Cheers

3. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Pra,

Good to hear that, you will be working as part of an NGO.

Wishing you the very best :thumbsup

Regards,
    Pandu

4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Nice u have chosen a line of your interest and are engaged there. Else u will feel sort of stuck up and monotonous without any zeal or enthu.

Wish u enjoy life now and live it to its fulles.

5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Pra
    thats great to know
    ya you proved it again that we can have a begining can be anytime and any day and any age

6. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Pra ma'm,
    Great to hear about you!! You are volunteering services to abandoned woman which is a meaningful thing to your life.

7. madhurimas

madhurimas New IL'ite

Hi,

Its good that you have found what you were always in search of but,never leave your family because of your work,I think you must go for a GPS navigator so that your kids can be sure of your security as you must be moving a lot for your NGO work.This device also helps in finding you with the directions.:wow