1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inlaws demanding a second wedding ceremony!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by asuitablegirl, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Thanks everyone for the info and advice. I think I'll just pass on this second wedding idea. And probably won't go to the cousin's wedding either. It's all too much headache.

Shilpama, you've been really helpful explaining everything to me. THANKS! I think another reason my mil has this Rajasthani fetish going on is, because my dh's ex wife was Rajasthani and she knows that by incorporating Rajasthan culture into everthing, everyone will be reminded of the ex. It's like, she just can't let that page in history close. I wonder if even 20 years from now, me and dh will be married for so many years, and still my mil will be trying to remind everone of my dh's first marriage way back in 2003. Whatever. I'm tired of speculating as to why my mil is a moron. She's pathetic.

2. asuitablegirl

GIJoe,

You got me thinking... that maybe I SHOULD change my profile pic. Anyways, Priyanka Chopra has since replaced Rani as my filmy fav. Plus this looks more like me... always wearing big sunglasses in real life. :rotfl

Maybe I will change back, but probably I will stick with this new avatar. It feels like a nice new change. :thumbsup

3. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Good Luck..I think you made a wise choice.

I wondered about the picture myself and wanted to say something but did not want to hurt you....

new Avatar..looks good..:thumbsup

4. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

Change is always good. From a conservative rajastani Rani Mukherjee to a modern Priyanka Chopra, whats next a VS model?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  5. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

India has so many rituals and customs, I just happen to witness this ceremony in one of the weddings, and that’s why I remember, I don’t have any more information about this ritual.

6. asuitablegirl

lol who knows? I feel the change in pics models my change in outlook on life too. When I first got married, I became scared of everything... my inlaws, speaking my mind to my dh, asserting myself, deciding what I wanted... and maybe my subconscious is what made me chose a pic of Rani covering her head and peeping out quietly. That's really how I felt! But now I feel a little more confident and cool, and more self assured knowing that I can stand on my own, and if my dh doesn't support me over his parents, that I can leave this marriage and make it on my own. I love my dh a lot, but I'm no longer dependent on him for my sense of self worth. Thank God he is supporting me in every way and not letting his parents into our life.... but if he ever did, I have the confidence now to say "No, abusing me is not alright" and "No, I don't have to put up with it" and "Hey losers, get out of my life!"

Anyways, Priyanka is good for now. But if I had to pick a VS model, it'd probably be Bar Rafaeli... she's gorgeous!

7. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

You should become a writer.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  8. hamsa23

hamsa23 Senior IL'ite

ASG why is your MIL behind Ex-dil , it really irritates a person, check out whether ex is still in contact with ur Mil , and be careful

9. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

ASG
    I read all ur previous posts...think ur MIL is waiting to let some cat outta bag..something fishy...I smell some conspiracy by ur MIL,SIL and mebbe DH's ex is also involved...

All this Rajasthani Ga-ga is just to mask...Be alert girl..

Another thought, y does she want to see a DIL in bridal mode all of a sudden...where did this sudden love emerge for DIL whom she never ever wanted to see...point to ponder..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Well... there is a ritual in Tamil Brahmin weddings where the bride's parents wash the groom's feet, with the mother pouring the water and the father washing the feet. This is done because the groom is considered the Lord Vishnu himself! I have not heard of either in-laws getting their feet washed though!

In my wedding, my parents performed the ritual of washing my husband's feet.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.