Initiative to start coffee mornings

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by Richa_05, Mar 25, 2009.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you.Please do not call me akka,every one of my friends irrespective of age call me by my name...........friends call each other by names only.let us be........

2. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Richa for taking the effort to write .. I have no 'doubts' on anything.. :notthatway:the only intention was only to tell you guys that we, working people wouldnt want to miss all the get togethers. Since we are working we have our limitations but you can always plan for some evening meets also, at least once in a while. I take this freedom to tell you coz I think I'm free with you all. And you dont have to count the no. of times we visited each other, you didnt want to drop in at my place both the times we shopped together as you had to get back home..The invitation is always open, if you want it in a formal way..:welcome Its just that we havent communicted for sometime now, may be i'm missing you....? :tongueShall talk once i get my voice back.

3. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

All's well that ends well. We should support one another and be a positive part of our gr8 team, the Abu Dhabi ILites. We've to rise above small chit-chat and small talk and take an initiative to give encouraging feedbacks. Splitting into groups won't help and trying to gain importance by sidetracking the efforts put in by the rest of our ILites won't help either.

Being an ILite is welcoming a broad spectrum of friends and extending our hands in friendship to unknown borders and unlimited shores. It's an amazing feeling for me. I hope and wish that in the future, we all be a part of the gr8 team of Abu Dhabi ILites & also ILites from all over the world and do our best to contribute by putting our best foot forward.

You don't have to miss us, Arabudupi, cause we are a part of the same team. We want all to join us for our 'coffee morning' meets but coming to think in practical terms, we cannot expect everyone to do that at the same time especially the 'working ILites'. I had already mentioned in one of my previous posts in this thread that we'll be having our evening meets regularly too but this one is for all those who can make it in the mornings. All are welcome as and when they can make it. We're gonna miss our fellow 'working' ILites but we also need to think about our 'non-office going ILites' who are desperate for some fun. We'll definitely keep you all posted. And I hope you wish us a good time too.

4. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,
    It's very encouraging to know that you are excited to join us at our 'coffee morning' meet. Do come and do pitch in regarding your convenient time and day, the coming week. There are ladies who are okay with Tuesday, March 31, 2009. We'll keep ourselves open to inputs (regarding day, time, venue) from all the ILites who can make it for this week's 'coffee morning' meet, until tomorrow i.e. Sunday, March 29, 2009.

We have to decide by Sunday evening as to where we would be having our 'coffee morning' and what time and what day........so feel free to post your input and see you soon.

5. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Hi Geetanjali,
    By summer, I meant the summer vacation, everyone would be away from the UAE and it's not possible to meet then, that's what I meant.

I'm so happy to see your positive feedback and glad that you have taken the initiative to welcome us into your home for our very first 'coffee morning' :bowdown. I commend your gesture and would like to know what my fellow ILites feel about Geetanjali's suggestion.

As rightly mentioned by you, Geetanjali, even I'm of the opinion that we keep very light snacks with coffee or tea or some drinks......no hassles when it comes to serving food and stuff cause we do that everyday and on most occasions so, let's not waste our time in coming up with elaborate menus because our main intention of having this get-together is to chill and put our feet up and bring out the 'girls' within us. So, dance, music, book clubs, games, etc etc. anything that would take us far away from the world of cooking, serving, washing, cleaning..........and so on and so forth.

Let's decide asap on date and time.........(venue - Geetanjali's home, is it okay with all?) by sunday evening and let's get on with our very first 'coffee morning' get-together.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  6. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Hi Rupa,
    I'm happy that you can make it too. You are the one who told me that Tuesday would be suitable for you, hence I put forth this suggestion from Rupa to all my fellow enthu ILites. How about Tuesday, March 31, 2009?

7. preetishelly

preetishelly New IL'ite

Hi girls, sorry to jut in like this, but I am taking great interest in this and other threads as I am soon going to come to Abu Dhabi soon (April - end)and am looking forward to joining you.

By the way, may I make some corrections regarding the term potpourri
    Potpourri is a mixture of dried, naturally fragrant plant material, used to provide a gentle natural scent in houses. It is usually placed in a decorative wooden bowl, or tied in small bags made from sheer fabric.
    What you mean is potluck where each brings a dish prepared by oneself. Another term is going Dutch where everyone equally shares the expenses.
    bye and regards

Preeti

8. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hi rich
    i am fine with tuesday bt let me know the venue so that i can join accodingly
    regards

rupashruti

9. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hi richa
    i am fine with thursday and let me knowthe venue
    regards
    rupa

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Hi girls
    Can I start the coffee fun session in my house?Is it ok with you all.Let me know.My daughter and husband leave at 9.30 and I am free till afternoon.So no problem for me.Please let me know.I live in Electra,Awaiting your replies excitingly......................:cheers:cheers:cheers