Initiative to start coffee mornings

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by Richa_05, Mar 25, 2009.

1. revathis

revathis Senior IL'ite

Dear Rachna,

A gr8 idea:idea. I wouldn't mind joining in, if it is on a monthly or fortnightly. Since, we are planning to have it in the mornings, tea/coffee and a light snacks will do. From a fellow ILilte in cairo , i came to know that they do this twice a month, 2 & 4th Wednesday. They discuss about various topics and sometimes even get experts to do so(i think this coffee mornings are part of some indian club). We cannot do anything of that sort but can utilise this opportunity to enrich our knowledge.

Revathi

2. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Your post seems to have hidden meanings, dear. :) It's not a meet........that's entirely your baby, I don't interfere and wouldn't like to but would definitely love to attend anytime it's up..........:thumbsup especially with a wonderful organizer like you.

I did mention about all the 'working' ILites but hum 'housewives/homemakers' par bhi to rahem khaoo :crazy. How are we supposed to spend our time constructively. We need our 'thinking minds' to get into a groove, don't you think, it's only fair that we use our mornings in a good way every once in a while!!! My 2cents

Well, when we met the first time, I came to meet you at your 'said place' and I was the one who invited you to my home that very instant, I think it was very courteous of me, my friend........and I did ask you if you would like to have something........'selective amnesia' hai kya????:?: You had only 20 mins to spare that day and I didn't want to get you stuck..........since you were in a hurry to go and you said that you don't eat or drink at odd hours. Well, I'm not complaining that you don't have the courtesy to invite me to your home, am I?

Arabudupi, I didn't write my good friend Roopa's name too cause I know I would fall in the 'hypocrite' bracket if I just do it for the sake of inviting. I know very well, some of my friends like Mdmini, Roopa, you are 'working' women. So, as and when you can make it, do join us. And then we have our usual meets too, as and when we all can make it, right?

Don't sulk, my dear. Live and let live, that's the motto I follow. There are no winners and no losers, no leaders and no followers, we are all here to make friends and to maintain our friendship with the like-minded, that's all. I hope I've clarified your doubts. Take care. Don't work too hard. Find some time to chill with us, homemakers...........what say????:hiya

3. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Yes, Rupa........we'll do that.

4. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

What is your say, Nandini. You seem to be totally confused. Let me know.

All are welcome, whoever can make it. The more the better, definitely but some are committed to their job and cannot make it..........I feel bad for them but what do you suggest????

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  5. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

This is exactly what I'm telling, Revathi. We will get to interact in a better way and also discuss on so many topics. We, homemakers, are very frustrated at times and depressed cause we feel wasted just doing household chores. We need to get our 'thinking minds' together and start something.

I'm very happy that you are 'in'. I am really very very happy. Thank you and keep in touch.

6. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Richa

Suggest a day for the Coffee Morning Meet and let us know the venue of the meeting. ILs who are free to join can join this time or there is always the next time. I am looking forward to it.

Vishy

7. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Vishy, I am grateful for understanding me. Thank you.

8. geetanjali

geetanjali New IL'ite

hi richa why we r afraid of summers means in the morning it is very much possible to hav it in house n to not puting any burden on anyone first start with mine,n regarding food it should be very light one like coffe or tea n only one snack ,so that individually one by one every one would be able to handle it plus our flabs remain as it is not increased as their is no chance
    regarding activities it should be fun like dance music n games so that every one will get intrested plus some physical excerrsion is must cause doing some thing alone is dificult but with others we can do it easily,reply soon

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies .Nice to know that there is going to be a coffee meet.I do not mind joining in,only thing is I am in my 40s .If you people do not mind I love to joinI love fun.I am right now in Electra.I have attended couple of chennai meets and have had a nice time.

10. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hi kanaka akka,
    how are you
    surely you can also join our meet and regarding the age factor atleast i feel that when our heart is young age is not a matter at allllllllllllllllllll
    thats my thinking
    would love to meet you also akka
    regards
    rupashruti