1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inhumane attitude of MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mimi77, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

But I was not the only one who made that comment. I quoted someone and said that yes I have seen it and it is a good idea.

Why am I being targeted? Is it because I am a guy and guys are insensitive and don't know female's feelings etc according to few members?

2. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Do not ASSuME too much decentguy........Or else I need to explain you the meaning of ASSuME as has been explained by you to me in my thread, "Ignorance is complete bliss"..........So plssssssssssss act accordingly.....................

3. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

One is a synonym of other. Do you know what synonym is?

BTW there are other posts where few have written inhuman/inhumane. Both are correct. But I am curious why I was the one who was targeted? Just an example check post 21

Did you quote me just because I am male? What if I was a female member...Would you still quote me and tell me to understand their usage properly?

4. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Check Post # 30. Last 2 lines.

I agree with that member. It is not about the cup of tea. It is about the attitude in general. Hence I said the MIL and DIL have a history and hence MIL did not serve cup of tea.

Anyway this is offtopic but I seem to think I have communicated something and it seems to have been perceived otherwise not only in this thread but other threads too. Some members have made an opinion about me. So no matter how hard I try to clarify myself that I am against violence, abuse and I support female members here, it always end up getting misjudged.

5. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Since so many people seem to misunderstand you all the time maybe it is a sign and points out to something...

2 people like this.
  6. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Yes...those " so many people" / some people are hand in hand..ahem ahem..partners in crime LOL.:)

7. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Mimi,

Sadly many MILs are like this. There is nothing wrong with you or your worth as a person, it is only showing her smallminded thinking. Pregnancy and post delivery are the times when a woman feels very vulnerable and this is the time when mils target more. Do not take her actions to heart. If you can, please take the cup of tea from husband and drink it or if you feel the after drama not worth it, keep some snacks ready and help yourself. Your health should be important to you, even if your mil does not think so. Do what is good for you and your child at this time. Cultivate that little bit selfishness which will help you a lot when you are with inlaws.

8. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for that, arch :)

can I be a part of the 'mafia' too?! :-D Let's do a godfather. hell, let's make that Godmother! ;-)

3 people like this.
  9. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

Chillout!Chillout! everyone... :cheers

10. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Even if ppl change their XXX registration on Indusladies and login id... I guess there won't be much difference on bashing... cos primarily the thoughts have to change....

There are a group of women who think like MILs (they have established identity/love/cash flow and their MILs are long departed or simply parted ways and they're ruling now) and another one's who are fighting for their rights and place in their own house and are DILs... even they clash.. so its more about thought rather than being male or female....

Just that some funny suggestions come so handy to some ppl as long as they know that similar things will suit best in their home and to their parents.

2 people like this.