1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inhumane attitude of MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mimi77, Apr 13, 2013.

1. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

I guess most of you know how life in an Indian metro city is.......It leaves you absolutely exhausted by the end of the day.....I used to leave for office around 8 A.M. and used to return around 8 PM....Both of us ( me and my DH) would return together.....On our return immediately three cups of tea would be ready for my DH, MIL and FIL.....But I was never ever offered a cup of tea.....instead I would be ordered to breast feed my child as soon as I returned (my baby was hardly 4 months then).....Do you think this attitude of MIL is humane.....She is a mother too....So atleast she should have understood how hungry a lactating mother feels???A number of times my DH told his mom to atleast make a cup of tea for me but she thought its beyond her dignity.........Is it really so???....After a day's hard work isnt it ok to expect a cup of tea???since she is already making for others....After all Im also contributing to the family isnt???What do you say dear friends???

5 people like this.

2. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

I think if your husband is a human enough, he should also refuse the tea until you have something. Or better, make one for you and ask you to sit and have it first.

Its for him you are taking this pain, just ask if he's with you in this difficult phase????

25 people like this.
  3. attentivegirl

attentivegirl Silver IL'ite

You need to protest against this. Women when becomes a MIL, she turns into a devil. ... No sarcasm here its a fact. :bonk

Its you who would have to stand up and raise a voice. You are not a machine or robot that can just do things. Get a maid in house who can cook, make tea and do all household errands. Try to eat something before you return home so your not hungry and your baby gets sufficient nutrition from you. As long as your MIL is concerned, She is MIL in now, the all superpower. But do not worry there is one more super power then her...God is looking everything and sooner or later everyone comes to justice.

So put your mind in ur DH and DD, ignore these things and live happily.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. Wondergirl137

Wondergirl137 Gold IL'ite

Agree with this. Better don't expect anything from her. Keep a maid for cooking or if that is not possible....have something before coming to home or some readymade healthy drink (lassi or something - fills you up and nice in summers rite)/ or make your own cup of tea. Must find solutions to such issues.
    This in noway says that i agree with what your MIL is doing. She is insensitive.
    Keep cool and enjoy your time with your DD. Why waste is fuming and feeling bad about MILs behavior.

Make your own cup of tea and :coffee infront of the MIL every evening :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Agreed....Make it yourself , if there is a maid ask her to keep something healthy and filling ready for you, it's bad of your MIL, but rise above her, do it on yr own and let her know you are your own person, you don't need her it will make her feel small.

2 people like this.
  6. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

HI

grab your dh's tea and drink daily or tell him to give him by himself immediately when your MIL handed over the cup of tea to your dh. so that she will prepare one more cup for her dear son.

lakshmi

22 people like this.
  7. Flowergurl

Flowergurl Senior IL'ite

Sorry but in my opinion your MIL is a -----

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
    7 people like this.
  8. swaroo

swaroo Silver IL'ite

Yea, everyone's right. If you can afford a maid, then better have one. And if you can't or don't wish to (I understand few families restrict the maids to some extent), then have some fruits and nuts before coming home or you can also eat while your baby is feeding. Ignore the rest, because this is not the right time to judge somebody. Ultimately it's you and your DD who'll suffer. Remember one thing, even if the MIL accepts and treats you like a daughter, that line is always there.. No DIL and MIL can be like daughter and mother. So I suggest to stop expecting and searching for alternatives. Your MIL had enough of her life and is more interested in other's businesses. But you have to lead your life now, take are of the li'l one, DH and yourself. You even have a job to do. Focus on these things and ignore the rest. Try to do these, you'll find yourself in peace. I know it's easy to say but most of us over here have these MIL-FIL: DIL issues. Don't take everything to heart and try to live happily. If your DH understands, share what you feel. And he will surely escalate it one day. Patience matters the most. Have it and ignore the rest. Don't worry too much!

4 people like this.
  9. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

What's your DHs stand on it? He can bring a filmi emotional touch to this by sharing his tea 50-50 with u !

18 people like this.
  10. hermoine

hermoine Silver IL'ite

wow tulipzz, you are never out of such romantic ideas...

OP, why dont you try getting a coffee or tea before you reach home keep drinking even after u get home...ur mil wud get a point...if not try to make it urself...

4 people like this.