1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ingratitude?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MULLAI62, Dec 6, 2020.

1. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Yes my friend . I like your consoling message.
    I expected just a call .
    Anyhow I don't move from my place in pandemic.
    I felt sorry for that I have mentioned about my help.
    She completed her college and was in quiet disturbed mood without getting a job. I took effort to bring a change in her life. Now she is going to marry a guy from the same company.
    Really it is a shock how could she not called?
    Thats all . But you are all taking very light. Great . I am also changing. Thank you.

2. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

They did not invite me but has given the information. Till one day before I was waiting for the call, then I wished her through message.
    I expected the same attitude as I am. It is my mistake.
    Just I wanted to know all your views. Thank you.

Amica likes this.
  3. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Leave my help, their invitation , pandemic and everything.
    If we know each other well, we brought a change in their lives,
    shall we call them over phone and share the happy news or only by message?
    That is my question. Nowadays it is happening that is the message I got from your replies.
    Great. I accept and move. Thank you for all your messages. I am clear now.

Amica likes this.
  4. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Yes I have to raise my level. We should not expect for our help. I realized. Thank you for all.

5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I can understand your feelings and they should have informed you that they were unable to invite you due to pandemic. Obviously we have to remember someone who helped when we were in trouble At the same time We need to learn/remember not to expect anything when we helped others. Anyways, They aren't feeling in the same way of you. So, accept the reality and move on for the sake of your peace. Let it go!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Amica likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Maybe I am out of date with the latest protocols like you. I would expect a phone call too if at one time we knew each other that well. In fact, even though I cannot make it to most weddings, I do get a brief phone call before or after the invitation is sent by whatsapp. If the main person in the "hosts" is much older than me, I initiate the phone call to offer best wishes.

IMO, weddings are a time to pick up the phone and talk with the people one is inviting. If they still care to inform old friends and neighbors by message, then they can find the time for a short phone conversation.

If our child is getting married, I imagine my husband and I will set aside 2-3 hours in a weekend to sit down and make phone calls to our old friends, many of whom we might not have talked with for years. If unable to talk, we would leave/send a voice message. My child or I informing them of the wedding only by text/message and no phone call would be rude.

Amica likes this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@MULLAI62, it sounds like your student had a love marriage with her colleague against her parents' wishes. This could be why she informed you, but her parents did not. And also why there was no invitation and no explanation.

If that's not the case, I would be appalled by their behavior and write them off. During a pandemic, they have none of the usual stresses of an Indian wedding; none of the hassles of arranging venue, food, accommodations. All they need to do is write or phone the people they value.

I would hold off judgement till you know their reasons for not calling.