"Infractions" system introduced!

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by Induslady, May 2, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Moonbeams,
    First by revealing our e mail-id in the open forum, we are inviting problrms from spammers. Please read the following:
    What is spam?
    LLove,
    Chithra.

2. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    First of all I invite and appreciate your efforts for introducing the infractions system.To be frank abt my opinions and views on this, I go with varalotti sir on his opinion on penalty points for for incorrect/incomplete thread, starting it in the wrong forum, and duplicate threads .But I still agree with you on your words

¡§¡¨¡¨FOR THE FIRST FOUR TRANSGRESSIONS, WE WILL SEND A FRIENDLY REMINDER WHEN IT HAPPENS THE FIRST TIME. FROM THE SECOND TIME ONWARDS, WE WILL START APPLYING THE INFRACTION POINTS.¡¨¡¨¡¨

But as varalotti sir said,there are millions of threads and posts,how could one find out whether a thread has been started or not?

Also many mistakes are out of ignorance and are naturally happening.

I strongly agree with mythili on quoting posts.A person replies based on the post only and hence the person quotes that post.I repeat mythili¡¦s words

QUOTING POSTS WHEN NOT NECESSARY - WHAT SEEMS NECESSARY TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER MAY NOT SEEM NECESSARY TO ANOTHER.

What more ?The reason is very strong.

But I strongly welcome infraction for other points like

„X Insulted Other Member(s) (15 pts, 30 days)
    „X Inappropriate Language (15 pts, 30 days)
    „X Posting competitor site info (15 pts, 30 days)
    „X Spammed Advertisements (30 pts, 30 days)
    „X Soliciting Friendship (30 pts, 30 days)
    „X Sexually Offensive Post (50 pts, never)
    „X

Definitely the above issues are really bothering and serious. Hence I feel that no second thought is necessary.

When it comes to deciding titles for a thread there can be some basic corrections like avoiding titles like hi,help me as chitvish said.But according to me deciding a title for the thread is only the concerned person¡¦s choice ,because he may feel that a particular title may be apt to the subject which he has written hence I feel infraction is not necessary for this point. Moreover title just speaks what is the subject about.I think hard and fast rules are not necessary.As mythili said for quoting post,the same idea can be applied for titles also.A title may be correct and apt for one person while it may seem wrong for the other person.This is my view.

To sum up,rules are not necessary for basic,small issues as otherwise rules must be imposed for major issues like the ones I mentioned above.

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Bhargavi,

Thanks for your feedback about our infraction system.

Considering the views of many members here we are following the infraction system only wherever it is required and warranted.

Regarding giving suitable titles for a thread, helps in many ways.
    * It increases participation of members in the discussion when they see the thread title to be relevant and meaningful.
    * It not only gets existing members to participate, it also helps in gettting new members to the site. Google indexes our site discussions based on thread titles. When someone searches for something in Google, relevant thread titles will help to show our site in Google.
    * Appropriate thread titles will tell a member viewing it what the discussion is all about even before getting into the thread.

You had asked how to find whether threads or posts exist on a particular topic already. It is easy to find things in our site using the 'Search' option we have, especially 'Google Search'. Refer this post - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/19528-search-before-you-ask.html

We agree that rules might not be necessary for small issues.
    What one thinks as small issues might be big issues from the site administration and moderation perspective. We strive to maintain this site to be user-friendly, easily navigable, etc for our members. Unless some rules are enforced it becomes difficult to maintain this site.

Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  4. NKumar

NKumar New IL'ite

Dear Induslady,

My questions on ask Indus lady on FAQs are languishing...Please tell us if you will intimate the member about his/her Infractions, If so or if not where do we see or note our 'infraction' points?

Thanks in advance,

Nkumar

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Sir, the member will get a PM incase one get infractions.

Your query in "Ask Questions to Induslady" was also responded long back here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/4511-ask-questions-induslady-about-il-54.html#post323578

Regards,
    Chithra
    For The Indusladies Team

6. beniwalnikita

beniwalnikita New IL'ite

Dear IL,

today I got a Notification for 20 points infraction. I really fail to understand the reson for it. I still feel a learner to this site & loved it. Can you please help to make me understand what wrong I did to avoid the same in future.

Am feeling bad for overuling but really not aware what exactly I have done which is wrong. I read the link sent to me as well but could not understand it exactly for my case. I wanted to give one same message to few of our friends but wanted to have indiviuals opinion about it. was there anything wrong on that point. please let me know. if it was something else than also please guide me.

Thank you so much for your help!

Warm regards,

Nikita

7. Induslady

Nikita,

You were given an infraction because you were repeating the same message about an Indian company giving job offer for H4. It appeared like spamming and soliciting for business.

If the offer was genuine and it is being posted to mainly help H4s here without any self-promotional benefits, you could have very well posted once with all appropriate details in H4 ladies forum. I am sure those interested would read and respond to you.

It is not necessary to repeat the same message multiple times in multiple threads / forums, just because you are trying to reach out to many friends and get their different opinions.

Thank you for abiding by our policies and rules while participating here.

8. beniwalnikita

beniwalnikita New IL'ite

Dear IL,

I do not want to post the details about my proposal on form since people can get idea about my thought & take advantage.

I know mine is a genuine case but I if my ideas goes in form, it is possible that some mischievous elements can follow my thoughts & take advantage of someone by working the way I drafted in this case.

Please suggest me what is better for my case. if you still suggest it would be better to post the details I am proposing in the form, I will do that.

I have even requested for the procedure of lining myself in IL business directory. I am still wondering how I should go about it.

Will appreciate your earliest reply.

Thank you so much.

Warm regards,

Nikita

9. beniwalnikita

beniwalnikita New IL'ite

Dear IL,

I am waiting for your reply & help in the matter. will really appriciate if you can advise what would be better.

warm regards,

Nikita

10. Induslady

Hi Nikita,

In my opinion, no business idea can be copied overnight! BTW, even if someone tries to copy a business idea, believe me it is not easy to build further on it.

Having said that, I would recommend you post your idea in the forum atleast briefly. Then those interested ask them to Private Message you for futher details (no asking or sharing email ids). That way it makes it easier for you to take it forward.

About directory listing, you may list it in the appropriate category in the directory. If you think the category is missing, write to induslady@indusladies.com to include the category. Thanks.