"Infractions" system introduced!

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by Induslady, May 2, 2007.

1. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

i would like to bring to ur notice of a sexually offensive post on il.
    it is titled gigolo for mumbai ladies only.
    it was by a ilite called prince 8 or something pls do the needful.
    kripa

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kripa,
    Action is taken by me even before you posted ! I noted as he was posting.
    He is banned.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Indusladyteam,
    I have been reading all the posts in this thread. Many of the members are not computer professionals and hence chances of wrong posting are there. I think they should not be punished. Fearing punishment or penalisation,many will fear to express themselves. Also if the moderators are over taxed due to increase in number of posts ,as varalotti said,you should increase the number of moderators.
    Conditions 1, 2, and 4 scare novices.To give them a break you may fix a period for a moderator.
    Regards,
    Meenu

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  4. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    I got a warning yesterday about a duplicate post i had posted. Even while posting, I was wondering whether there would be any problem since i "re-posted" the same thread. But due to limited time and internet bandwidth, i posted it nevertheless. (It did occur to me that i should delete the first thread, but did not bother to find out how, one reason being, i did not know where to look - btw, i am very computer-savvy, so that's not an issue.)

And sure enough, I got a warning, stating that I might get an infraction if that happens again! I hadn't read this thread earlier, and did so only now.

I have a suggestion to make:
    When a new member joins IL, why don't you send details or a link/links to help her/him move about easily on IL, know the difference between a thread and a post, other basic stuff like that, and also about the infractions system. I know you guys would word it well, so no probs of scaring anyone away :) !

Or just keep a link to a "help" (can find a dynamic word) screen somewhere prominent on the home page, so anyone can find it easily, new as well as old members.

Please realize, many women might be getting help in different forms on IL, so do try to make it easier for them right from the start.
    Also, do not discourage ladies with stern warnings, some really get put off easily. They might be the ones who would benefit the mostest here on IL.
    Please think about that.

That's my two cents, hope it helps.
    best,
    hasita

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hasita,
    Please read the F A Q in detail.
    Go to each forum, the sub-forums therein, the numerous threads - please take time to go through all these in detail & a clear picture will emerge.
    Also go through the index, wherever given to make sure, you are not asking a doubt on what is already posted.
    Go to
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/
    Analyse in detail, you being computer savvy, can help others also.
    We will not give infraction straight away unless it is clearly warranted . We will send you friendly warnings to start with.
    Going through all sub-forums is most important to post relevantly.
    All it takes is perhaps a week to get to know how user-friendly our forum is.
    If you have any query, please get back.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hasita,

Thank you for taking the time to post the message. We need this contant feedback loop to make sure that we are intune with our members. While Chithra has covered most of your queries, let me add a couple of points.

1. The best way to locate a thread or post that you have made is through your profile page. Click on your name, go to view public profile. There you should see links that say "Find all posts by hasita" and "Find all threads started by hasita". If you click on those you will be able to easily find your posts/threads. Just for the benefit of the users, we also have it in the FAQ section here: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/7580-my-thread-is-missing.html

2. Whenever a new member joins our community, we send them a "Welcome to Indusladies" private message with a link to "New Member Tips" here: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...ines/3447-new-comer-indusladies-tips-you.html. In that thread we provide a link to all the things that a new member would want to familiarize herself with. It includes FAQs, infraction etc.

3. Regarding your last point, we are discussing internally as to how we can improve the infractions system and your feedback is very valuable to us.

Thanks Hasita and have a nice time at IL.

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hello ILites,

It has been a month since we introduced the infraction system, and i am very happy to say that most of our members have co operated with us Moderators. So a big hand of :clap :clap for you and :2thumbsup: from us all. I am noticing that most of you have indeed taken the extra time to name the threads appropriately and also post in the correct forums. Yes, we do have a few new members still struggling , but thats okay. On the whole, i am happy to say that you members have been so good, that we have not issued infractions to any of our loyal and regular ladies and lads.
    If you are wondering if we have given any infraction at all. Yes we have several of them infact. Mostly to members who have spammed IL with advts for free stuff and quite a few male members who joined IL with ulterior motives :icon_frown: !!

So on the whole we have all adapted quite well to this system. Thanks to you all once again.
    Rgds
    The IL Team

8. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Pardon me, for my ignorance.... Am a greenhorn here... But I have a feeling I have been posting in wrong forum here....Mainly because I did not know that forums existed. I was asked by the person who referred this site to post in Snippets of life and I started doing exactly that! Then I found one of my posts mysteriously 'moved' elsewhere... Then I discovered the concept of Forums... But I still dont get the difference between 'snippets' and 'Articles and Middles of India Writers'... kindly let me know...
    Today I deleted my review of a movie from Snippets and reposted it under Indian Movies... I had 28 hits at that time....all those stats were deleted, naturally...
    What I want to know is, Is there any way of moving your post to the concerned slot, when you discover your error?
    There are so many doubts for a beginner like me....the punitory measures do seem unfair...esp the general ones...
    Do clarify!

9. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Twinsmom
    Sorry for the late reply. Better late than never.

The difference between the forums "Snippets of Life" and "Articles and Middles by Indian Writers:

"Snippets of Life" is the forum for all the ILites to share their personal anecdote, touching expression or personal reflection. Anything and everything personal that you wanted to share could be posted in the "Snippets of Life" forum.
    Whereas the "Articles & Middles by Indian Writers" could be used to post any general articles or middles.
    It is not in the capacity of the members to move a post to appropriate forums even though it might be her own thread. It is better to approach one of the moderators to move the threads to appropriate forum through private message That way your stats would be intact and not lost unlike in a deleted thread.
    Hope this clarifies your doubt.
    Also make sure to post your enquiries in the relevant thread. If your doubt is raised in this below thread, it would have invoked earlier response :
    Ask Questions To IndusLady !!!

Rather this thread is for discussing about the infraction system implemented in Indusladies community.

10. Moonbeams

Moonbeams Bronze IL'ite

Maam I request you to please explain to me what does ''spamming the site'' means.