1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

information required for embroidery patches

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by Lali1, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Lali1

Lali1 Senior IL'ite

Can anybody please let me know what is the material that I can use to cover the backside of the embroidery patches. I tried using cotton fabric but notices after sometime that the thead starts coming out at the edges...please help !!!

2. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

the best thing to do about this if you do not get reply from any or otherwise is check on google or youtube. Youtube is lot better you can see the video also.

hope this helped.:)

3. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

try the costlier variety of lining cloth ... 2x1 (two by one) ... almost 50/- or more per meter ... and if still having a prob .. try the zigzag stitch around the edges ... hope this helps :)

4. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

I hope you are asking for back cloth for embroidering to give more strength. if yes. there is a special paper in which one side will be coated with wax you have to place the wax part on the back side of the cloth and iron the wax will melt and stick with the cloth after embroidering the paper can be peal able. normally I use 50 gsm paper. If you ask the stationary shop who is selling tailoring accessory shop you can get it.

good luck

5. sharadau

sharadau Gold IL'ite

lali what you have to do is when attaching the patch to the cloth leave atleast 1/4 inch margin around the patch and cut.give slit cut reverse v shape cut. you can use thin sponge sheet at the back side of the patch, in running stich or machine stich you attach the patch and do the decorative stiches of your choice.