Info on Ambassador Kindergarden and Sabari Indian School Dubai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by Sanhiti, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Sanhiti

Sanhiti New IL'ite

Hello All,

This is my first post here and I thank and applaud all the awesome info on various topics in this board.

We are making a move to Dubai in a couple of months from the US and I am looking for some reviews and personal experiences with the following schools for Kindergarden.
    1. Ambassador Kindergarden (Karama)
    2. Sabari Indian School (Al Wuheida)
    3. The Indian Academy (Al Ghusais)
    4. Bilva Indian School (Al Ghusais).

Bilva Indian School is a new school just starting their academic year in April.

Both positive and negative feedback is really appreciated. We have to immediately register inorder to secure a seat and hence looking for some feedback asap.

Thanks in advance!

Sanhiti

1 person likes this.

2. navyaraj

navyaraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sanhiti

I don't have personal experience with any of these schools but when I was in search for admission for my son,i have heard good reviews on Ambassador school,Sabari Indian and Indian Academy..But, compared to other schools they have high fee structure..

3. Sanhiti

Sanhiti New IL'ite

Hi Navya,

Thanks a ton for your response! These are some of the schools that seem to have admission open. Glad to hear that there is some positive feedback.

If you don't mind, would you mind telling where you enrolled your son finally?

Thanks again!

4. navyaraj

navyaraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi sanhiti,

Most of the schools close their admissions by January.. I have enrolled my son in Buds Public School..

5. Sanhiti

Sanhiti New IL'ite

Thank you Navya!

6. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Hi Sanhiti,

Do u know in which area in Dubai would you be moving to?The 4 school names that you have mentioned are almost new except Bilva which is going to open in April.So all of them have teething issues.Ambassador kindergarten has a new Executive Principal who has come from the UK and she was awarded knighthood by the Queen of England.I think Ambassador has the highest fees among these 4 schools and I suppose it would be the best among these 4 too.The Kindergarten campus is very colorful and very well equipped.
    The Main Ambassador school campus is opposite the Kg campus but it will move to a new location in April 2016.

7. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

In case you know where in Dubai would you move to,let me know so that I can suggest a few more schools.

8. Sanhiti

Sanhiti New IL'ite

Hello Rakhs,

Thanks a lot for the very informative post.

Just to give a little background: We will be moving in a couple of months from the US to Sharjah (looking to stay near Mega Mall). My son will be joining KG2 and since Sharjah ministry has imposed strict age restrictions for kindergarden, I am looking for some schools in Dubai that are in the border (sort of).

I hear most of the schools have closed their KG admissions or don't seem to have any conclusive answer with regards to openings. The above schools I had mentioned appear to have seats in KG2.

Yes, like you mentioned, I was told that Ambassador facilities are quite impressive but the distance concerns me. My son has to board the bus by 6.10-6.15am while Sabari bus will be there by 6.35-6.40am. I was thinking that I will put him in a "decent" school for KG2 which is not far and then shift him to a good one by Grade 1/2. By then, I am hoping he will also get adjusted to the early school schedule.

Would you be able to recommend good schools in Dubai around Al Ghusais or anywhere that is within 15-20km from Mega Mall Sharjah? Also what are the good (academically focused) schools in Dubai/Sharjah in your opinion?

Thanks again for reaching out and responding to my query!!

9. Prachikodi

Prachikodi New IL'ite

Hi hi we will also be moving to Dubai from India. arouNd June or July and my daughter will be eligible for kg1. Having heard about the difficulty of getting school admission in Dubai I have already started looking out.

But ur my question is that will schools accept admissions from mid term. And is yes then will I have to take admission now and she will join in September term. Or should I look for schools when we get there in June itself.

I am so confused. Please let me know any one of you has any experience with this. TIA

10. navyaraj

navyaraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi prachikodi

The new academic year starts in april..so its better to enquire about admissions now itself because it is not necessary that all schools open admissions in September. Last september .I had tried to get admission for my son but, i failed to get one as most of the schools had no vacancies. But, there are some new schools opened recently and some to start this year .. may be a bit expensive .. they may have vacancies.. Anyways you better contact those schools which are still open for new admissions and secure a seat for your kid.Good luck