Info needed about Sankara Nethralaya

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by essvee, Jan 8, 2008.

1. murthy7799

murthy7799 New IL'ite

Hello All,

I would like to know about the recent status about Sanakar Netralaya, Chennai.

My cousin is 11 years old and she needs to go through the Squint Eye Surgery at the earliest, in view of this, some of the hospital/ doctors have suggested me Sankara Netralaya@ Chennai.

I have following queries,

a) I am presently at Bangalore and this chennai is new place to me and I will be travelling for the first time to handle my cousin's case, what suggestions do you have about this hospital ?

b) Do you have any recommendetions about the Dr. in particular who can handle this Squint eyes surgery?

c) What will be total expenses towards this surgery (only expenses related hospital, medicine and surgery etc.,)?
    (not including the food, transportation)

d) Do we need to get any appointment in advance OR can we approach the Sankar netralaya directly ?

e) In Chennai, I could see many branches of the same, do you suggest me to visit "main" campus at Nungambakkam ?

f) Where do we get rooms @ lodges at less price ? Do we get any rooms from hospital campus at less price for patients ?

Please let me know at the earliest as I need to visit in a weeks time from now.

Thanks & Regards,
    -murthy

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011