Info about famous temples around Conoor

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by soumya2552, Oct 5, 2015.

1. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Dear ladies of Conoor
    I will be travelling to Conoor this month. Have found about places to visit in and around Conoor thru Tripadvisor. I havent found any info about temples though. Please share names and address of religious (old temples prefreably) places in and around conoor. I will be there for 5 days.
    Hoping for response.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

there are lots of places to go around coonoor. tea estates, dolphin's nose, lamb's rock, pasteur institute, sim's park are usually on the list.

temples nobody thinks so much. but there is a temple that is more than 300 years...called thandi mariamman temple. religions coexist so well in coonoor.

there is a murugan temple too closer to town. and there is another murugan temple near to wellington.

there is one on the off track path above on the hills..not sure if it is famous i have not been there.

there is one balaji temple on the kotagiri- coonoor road called chinna thirupathi.

there is one hetai amman temple closer to aravankadu..this is on the way from coonoor to ooty.

there is a temple in gudalur where it is said that siddhars do viboothi archanai to the lingam on pournami. a very small one, i have visited this place, seen the archanai and the layer of viboothi forming on the lingam. i do not have the exact name of the place. those days a friend who was working there took us to this temple.

you can check out temples in coimbatore..marudhamalai and masani amman too..
    enjoy your stay..

1 person likes this.
  3. RemyaSatya

RemyaSatya Bronze IL'ite

There is one Sai baba temple, called Edapally Sai Baba mandir
    its really nice one and bit apart from the town, and having scenic views.
    Has huge Baba statue and its a serene place, well maintained. When I visited 1.5 yrs back, the place was just coming up, hope it ll be completed by now.

Then there ia a Lord Ayyappa temple, near to Sathya Sai Seva Samithi, and Ganesh temple.

My husband is from Coonoor, and my FIL s a frequent visitor to most of the temples there.
    Please let me know of u need any further information on this.

1 person likes this.
  4. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the information. I like visitng very old temples. your leads have helped me a lot. Done good research in google with the names you have mentioned. Thanks again :)