Infidelity Hurts Less If Billionaire?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Jeff Bezos, the world's richest man and founder of Amazon, is getting a divorce from his wife Mackenzie Bezos, after 25 years of marriage. Mackenzie could be worth more than $60 billion after the divorce.

The details of his affair are public. He allegedly sent lurid texts and pictures to the woman he was having an affair with.

Does infidelity hurt such rich people as much as it hurts regular people?

shravs3, anika987 and GeetaKashyap like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My friend said - "Infidelity hurts billionaires as much as it hurts regular people. But the healing can be faster with that kind of money."

I think with that kind of money comes that kind of publicity of the affair, divorce terms etc.

shravs3, anika987 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Money can make a huge difference. Everyone forgives and forgets a rich person's indiscretions or any issues for that matter. Unlike the ordinary mortals, the rich and famous have many lives!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    anika987 likes this.
  4. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

If there was an option between a billion dollar settlement but a very public humiliating divorce ( i say humiliating because Mrs bezos has to read and hear about all the shennigans of her husband ) and a zero settlement private divorce , i would take the second option without batting an eyelid. Going by what i have read about her she seems to be a private person , not particularly obsessed with money ( let her husband quit a high profile job for a startup which at that time was a huge risk) , so i would assume she would have opted for the second option as well. IMHO, Apart from the fact that financial security is not an issue for her, i think she is as hurt as any other wife in this situation would be and even more so because she is under the public glare.

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Feeling bad for her..

Shreema86 likes this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

If it was true love, yes why not!
    Even I was shocked when I heard about it. But then these billionaires don’t care about values since they have money and power

anika987 likes this.
  7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

I feel the same way.

Yes, n all that lack of privacy would be even worse at this time.

All that love n 25 years of togetherness is definitely going to hurt jus like it would hurt any spouse if their partner cheats.

Shreema86 and anika987 like this.