Infertility struggles & Success stories

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sonal, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babelfish

babelfish Senior IL'ite

Re: New Problem in TTC - "TB" - Need Support

Guys,

I just wanted to update this thread with updates at my end.

I am currently 5 months pregnant. We tried naturally (and IUI), without any medicines and it happened so easily the month we conceived that I wonder if stress and negativity was the only reason I did not conceive? I was diagnosed with genital TB but my tubes came out clean. Another doctor told me that there are a lot off cases of overmedication in genital TB. The TB PCR test is also a false positive on many occasions.

Also, I started cooking myself and included a lot of garlic in my recipes. Garlic is supposed to be a wonder drug for fertility so maybe that worked. We also included flax seed as part of our morning ritual..

All the best guys! If it can happen for me, it will happen for all. Just keep the faith!!!!

lotuskirtana likes this.
  2. arch1984

arch1984 Senior IL'ite

Hi IL's

Want to share the good news with u all....Yessss i am pregnant...11 weeks
    Let me share my story here...might be of some help to TTC ladies..
    i was trying to get pregnant since september 2012...with some irregular periods in the beginning of US stay.
    So i went to a doc who asked me to take blood work for TSH, insulin, testosterone etc...may be he found my insulin levels in the border..he asked me to take Metformin daily...so i started taking Metformin 500 mg/day which helped me to regularize my periods....so from Jan 2013 my periods were regular....i was very happy and started expecting every month...and to my surprise every month it was -ve.....i have to mention here dat every month i get pain on my left side after ovulation time...this i came to know once i started using ovulation kit (Wondfo frm amazon)..and tracking using an app....i changed Doctors and every1 said derez nothing and its common to have that pain for some people..

Days passed by and i started getting worried more during september time....so i thought its time for me to meet an RE...so the basic tests started...for me Follicle monitoring and for Hubby SA....everything is done....one important thing what doc said and what i thought was my hubby's SA has some sticky sperms..meaning we have to have IC more often....so my advice would be having IC every alternate day...and if you are using ovulation kit have IC 2 days after seeing +ve....Also i started taking healthy food..maintain timings, included 1 egg, Broccolli, chicken into my diet.....and more important thing is to take out this ttc tension off ur mind..and njy

I want to thank evryone..who took interest in answering all the questions which i posted here...especially...Winipooh, vasumathy, vidu...

3. reachingskies

reachingskies Silver IL'ite

Re: Low Amh and Hish Fsh Need Suggestions.......

Hi,

I decided that one day I should write my Success story Because...lot of people while trying to conceive, they will post their queries and become busy with their lives to post their success stories.

When I was trying to conceive..I read lot of stories where everyone is suffering and a few success stories and felt that success rates are very low..I just want to let everyone know that there are lots and lots of success stories..

Today I am 31 weeks pregnant with my loving daughter.

I am 27 years old when decided to plan for a kid.
    I have irregular periods. Feb 2012 i had doctor appointment and i was asked to give blood tests and reports came up that I had high fsh of 42 and low amh of 0.16

My mothers periods stopped at late twenties. I was worried as I felt that I inherited her genes.

I know some friends who had similar situation like high fsh and even their mothers periods stopped early ....

I was told to go for donar eggs. Doctors in US generally suggest for donar eggs.

We are not ready and opted to try naturally.
    Doctor prescribed DHEA 25 mg thrice a day.

For 3 months, NO improvement in my case.
    Doctor put me on Estrace 2mg and Prometrium 100 mg Protocol for next 3 months.
    Estrace for 3 weeks and last week to take prometrium to regulate periods.

I started taking Acupuncture sessions from August 2012 continuously without failure on every saturday.
    Changed my diet. Stopped eating rice on weekdays started eating jowar roti and Quinoa.

Included lot of veggies fruits especially rich in antioxidants and started doing yoga for first 3 months almost 7 days a week.

Everyday will take all nuts (Almonds, dates, walnuts, Pista)

Apart from all, My dear husband is very very caring and supports me so much and takes care of me as if I am pregnant. He helps in all aspects. and thank god for giving such a wonderful husband. Touch wood...

My husband use to do lower abdomen ovary massages everyday for 15 to 20 min...for the first 15 days of cycle i.e., before ovulation.

My routine day is like eating healthy, doing yoga, taking all the supplementals.
    I started taking wheatgrass to reduce fsh, C0Q10, L-Argunine (trust me it smells like to too bad) Sathavari(got it from India) Maca powder.

I took all the multivitamins, royal jelly capsules.
    I cut down all the dairy products and sodas too..

Sometimes i feel more positive that I am little better and will acheive a baby soon..then either my period will be short or will be too long...

After 3 months of Hormone pills( estrace and prometrium), the next 2 cycles are short and of 17 to 20 days long.
    My acupuncturist felt that my body is not producing enough progesterone and so i am getting my periods sooner than the normal cycle.

Before I don't have enough cervical mucous also....After I started acupuncture, i started experiencing some.
    I even tried one cycle of clomid with fsh injections. Even that didn't work.

When ever I had my doctor appoinment, definately i will get tensed that cycle...will not be good when compared to previous one.

I do chart my temperatures. my temperatures are not even high and i am not sure whether i ovulated or not. My cervical mucous is so confusing that I observed very egg white cervical mucous twice on different weeks.

We don't have fertility insurance and going for IVF in US is not easily affordable in US.

I was planning to visit India get treament there.
    Research started to find good hospitals. and success of people who actually underwent similar situations(Low Amh and High FSH)
    I know my condition will not be fixed so easily but I am sure my condition will be improved as i am taking overall care in all aspects.
    I decided to visit India in october 1 st week 2013. I had my periods on August 7 th. That cycle I was trying to find my ovulation through strips but was unable to find surge.
    on 21 st day of my cycle i.e., august 28 when i tested for ovulation...I got two dark positive lines..I doubted since i never get that dark lines..so immediately picked pregnancy test strips and I got very faint line...

Since I had appointment for vaginal infection on that day..Since I had infection..we didn't even have proper intercourse when compared to other cycles.I went to doctor and told him that I got positive pregnancy.
    even doctor didn't believe me since its too early to know that I was pregnant on my 21 st day of my cycle.
    he did ultrasound and showed that i was about to ovulate in ultrasound and it could be false pregnancy test strip.

But i asked my doctor to order blood test to confirm pregnancy. and I gave blood and returned home.
    After returning home, when I tested again with 2 brands test strips ..both showed really strong lines..

Then I called my acupuncturist and he informed me not to have intercourse and start progesterone immediately...
    Then by afternoon doctor called up to inform me that I am pregnant.
    I still feel that the reason why I came to know that I am pregnant that early is because..god wanted me not to suffer by going to india..That week and that weekend I decided to book tickets for october month.

Things I did to conceive
    1)no rice and sodas, always quinoa. stopped completely outside food
    2)started taking veggies and antioxidant fruits, leafy veggies
    3)wheatgrass after periods stopped and till my ovulaiton time
    4) L Arginine which smells gross and shathavari, C0Q10
    5) regular excercise or yoga
    6)regular accupuncture never missed any weekend.
    7)lower abdomen massage after periods and till my ovulation day.(i seriously felt difference. i could feel that my left ovary works better when compared to my right which was always proved in my ultrasounds)
    8)followed diet specified by my acupuncturist.
    9)charting temperatures..though looks clumspy...but after regular acupuncture, I started observing some women bbt chart cycle
    10)used herbs given by my acupuncturist.
    11)increased meat consumption for protien sake as suggested by my acupuncturist.
    12) First and foremost things is we have to be stressfree( which i couldn't do as i was worried too much)
    13)better to have intercourse from 8 th day to till you are sure that u have already ovulated.
    14)Vaginal progesterone.(though i used everytime right way when i know that I ovulated..one time i have regular cycle and next time short cycle)

I think I metioned all..

Now also..I still go for acupuncture once in 2 weeks.
    Girls keep trying..for your efforts you will definately will be blessed with kids..
    Lots of baby dust to all the ladies who desire to have a kid...

4. nottie

nottie Silver IL'ite

Re: Lucky thread for TTC lovely ladies ..

Hi Ladies,

It was four days past my period date and was suffering from severe cramping. On that day I had to go to hospital for blood work, since I have done IUI with injections (inj. first time) this month. I had 3 failed IUI with clomid, so went for inj this time.

Nurse called me in the afternoon and asked did u do HPT, you got positive resultttt, I was like OMG and full of tears. :eek:mg:I wanted to share it to all you ladies as I joined this thread 2 years back and got a good good news to share with you alllll.bie1 I thank all the ladies here who were supportive and answering all the queries here. I specially thank ladies who came out and expressed their good news along with their detailed story, because that helped me lot to gain strength. (Especially vasu and indianwife story really gave me strength).
    Though I was expecting, I made my mind this time strong to face it and thought what to do next whether to go IVF or wait for some time, because last 3 IUI’s result I was crying from afternoon till my DH comes home in the evening.

I thank God for giving me strength and saibaba for being with me, because I was doing sai 9 week pooja and got this news between 7[SUP]th[/SUP] and 8[SUP]th[/SUP] week of my pooja. I have read lot about the pooja in this same thread and other threads last year, but I thought I cannot do as I cannot follow all the rules listed out and not capable to fast so long with fruits and left it. One of my friend called me in feb and asked me to do it, since she got conceived after that. She said just forget everything and do whatever you can but full of faith, u will get some answer for that. I felt like saibaba is asking to do and I did on every Thursday, I just had milk and fruits for breakfast, but took my regular lunch and dinner. Its like a miracle happening and feel like god is just near me. If anybody is like me thinking not to do, please leave that and go ahead and do sai pooja, sure he will answer you for sure. I downloaded the books from this link http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...-people/50475-shirdi-sai-baba-9-thursday.html. Did sashti pooja and garbarakshambigai slogan as well.

Once again I thank you all ladies and this journey has taught me lot of confidence, patience and hope and feel the presence of god in our home. I pray to god and send loads of wish to all the ladies here to get BFP soon.

Garbarakshambigai Thunai

lotuskirtana, pinkydarling and ssm014 like this.
  5. mercyanburaj

mercyanburaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I was married n 2013. I had longer cycles before marriage and after marriage my cycles became irregular with spotting. We were ttc since marriage but was diagonised with pcod. After 1 yr we started treatment and my first step was reducing weight. First doctor prescribed only metformin and i reduced almost 10 kg in 6 months. Then i was given clomid 100 for 3 cycles which shortened my cycle length but no positive result. Then i came india and did hsg also took clomid 50 from cd 2 to 6. Had a fsh injection on day 11. Along with the treatment doctor advised me to avoid chicken and egg yellow with strict diet (avoiding outside food.. even masalas should me home made) and daily walking. Me and my hubby took soaked fenugreek seeds daily morning on empty stomach. And finally by gods grace we conceived that cycle after 2 yrs of struggle. Took progestrone gel fr 4 months and metformin till 34 weeks and on oct 2015 god blessed with a baby girl. Though i was not an active member i used to read posts fr d past 2 yrs. Hope this is useful for someone.

"For this child I prayed; and Jehovah hath given me my petition which I asked of him"

martine80 and afcpreethi like this.
  6. smith2

smith2 Silver IL'ite

Re: TTC progress & two weeks wait... Part-II

Hi all lovely ladies here...
    I am logging here in after a long time to share good news..
    Here is my story...
    I got married 5 years before. Started trying for a child 6 months after marriage. Recurrent ovarian cysts were my problem. I had undergone 2 open surgeries and one laparoscopy for fixing this. Consulted many doctors, tried ayurveda, homeopathy and all..No results. Considering my age and history doctors suggested IVF the solution. Finally we decided to go for it.
    When I start treatment I had a large cyst in right ovary .My doctor suggested first remove the cyst then start ivf medication. So I had undergone keyhole surgery in last september.In the first review after surgery the scan revealed that the cyst is back already. I think before am vacating from the hospital it returned.
    Anyway we decided to go ahead and started stimulating medicines for ivf.Done the egg retrieval in december.I got 7 eggs from left ovary and none from right. So 7 embies there (5 grade 1 and 2 grade 2).But I could not go for ET that month due to hormonal imbalance. Little frustrated at that time as I was very eager to get pregnant and can't wait more. Again in January consulted doctor .in Ultrasound they find 2 cysts in right ovary. Doctor put me on BCP and told to wait for one more month. But my cyst didn’t get dissolved on bcps. In the next month scan found cyst is still there. My gynec was a bit confused and send me to take an opinion from oncologist as I am getting cysts recurrently,3 surgeries could not solve my issue.They want to rule out the cancer thoughts before doing fet. I can’t forget that week we are waiting for blood work results and see oncologist. When I got results I checked it with Dr Google and the counts was ok .so bit relaxed.The next day we went to oncologist.He was such a gem of person. He welcomed me with a sweet smile..and go through all our problems patiently.He suggested in my case it is ok to go for FET as i have done 3 surgeries already,So first get pregnant and can do cyst removal at delivery time.Anyway he told to go for an MRI scan to analyze cyst more.MRI results were ok it was just a chocolate cyst. Not malignant cysts.So again consult my gynec with these results and planned to go for FET next month that's in april-2015 and she gave me folic acid and other vitamins.
    FET month- April
    Started progynova on the 2nd day of cycle. There was a scan on 17th day to check endometrial thickness and everything was very good.So fixed date for FET .That was on April 29.Evry thing went well. Told to do a beta HCG after 1 one week. My beta HCG came out positive!!!..
    I was very scared until we crossed the first trimester. I also underwent cervical cerclage in 3rd month as a precaution. By god’s grace everything went fine, I delivered my son at 38 weeks via c section.My baby was NICU for 6 days due to low birth weight. Now he is 1 month old. Had to bear a lot of pain in the TTC journey but in the end it was all worth it. It feels like heaven to look at the smiling face of my bundle of joy everyday. I am sharing my store here to inspire you.. I am a silent reader of this thread. I really like the way you gals caring and supporting each other.
    Sending luck, love and loads of baby dust to all those TTC.

SnehAngel and shalinis like this.
  7. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I know many of us waiting for the day to get BFP and trying all way to achieve it.
    I like to share few things which I did and helped me to conceive. I think it will be helpful to all.
    First of all, I have one kid and trying for second one. I am trying for past 9 months. First 6 month doctor asked to try naturally and if didn't happen ,ask me meet her after 6 month of trying. Sixth month I met doctor and she suggest me to take Clomid 5-9 th day,estrodiol 9-14 and progesterone vaginal suppository after ovulation till I get BFP.if is negative,I have to stop to get AF.
    1. First month I took Clomid,estrodiol and progesterone. Baby danced before ovulation and during ovulation. That month no BFP.
    2. Second month same Clomid,estrodiol and progesterone. I also take folic acid past 7 month. We did same and also used pre-seed (sperm friendly lubricant) . No BFP.
    3. Doctor asked me to take PABA(para amino bensoic acid), also do HSG test. I am really happy I did it. I heard good comments abt doing HSG test. It will clear the tube and help to conceive easily. My doctor also increased my Clomid dosage,same dosage estrodiol and progesterone. This cycle I started to use diva cup(menstural cup) which I got from eBay. I also checked my temperature daily without fail and noted down in app called kindara. Also got ovulation strips and pregnancy strips from eBay. I started to check for ovulation from day 10 of my cycle. We baby danced before ovulation,during and after ovulation.
    So basically what I did in this cycle
    1. Took Clomid,estrodiol and progesterone.
    2. Took folic acid and PABA
    3. HSG test
    4 used diva cup
    5. Used ovulation strips to check my ovulation date.
    6. Checked my temperature and CM , noted down in fertility app.
    7. Used pre-seed
    8. Baby danced every other day from day 10-20.used diva cup after IC.

Symptoms I got :
    1. I got pimples on both cheek 10 ten before my period due date.
    2. Usually after ovulation my CM will be dry but this time, it is creamy like lotion.
    3. I felt bit nausea from cycle day 27.
    4. Took pregnancy test on cycle day 27 Mrg- negative,afternoon - very faint positive.
    5. Took pregnancy test on cycle day 28, Mrg - negative, afternoon- faint line, night- faint line.
    6. Took pregnancy test on cycle day 29 using branded clear blue pregnancy kit. I got visible faint line within 5 min. Called doctor and got appointment.
    7. Cycle day 30, my pregnancy confirmed by doctor and I am exactly 4 week pregnant and I have to go on Monday as I did my test so early, they have to see whether my HCG is increased.
    I hope it will help all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.