Infertility - social and family aspects

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sonal, Oct 30, 2005.

1. abcmart

abcmart New IL'ite

please advise me please ,please....

hello every one ...

i just want to share my thinkings with u ....
    iam married 6yrs not conceived yet as i have pcos, once i had conceived but it ended in miscarriage .Dr told that it will happen but takes some time, whatever i feel very disturbed sometimes about this matter as iam in usa here as u know very lonely feeling ....no one to share the inner feelings.

iam going to india may be end of this year to attend my brothers marriage, i dont no how
    i will face people with their bundle on qustions which keeps hurt my feelings. please help..... give me some positive replay to face this situation ???
    is anybody has gone through situation like this please help me to overcome it .
    I am getting scare to go india some times ......dont think iam very negative
    attitude actually iam very positive person and i have faced many challenges before and won over it but this problem is related to feelings if u have any other problem like financial or so we can ask for others but this one god has to help is'n it !please share ur thoughts give me some courage to attend my brothers marriage with happy mood .....
    sorry if i have bored u,please replay for the same
    thanks for reading....
    regards,
    hana.

2. kkrithik

kkrithik New IL'ite

Re: please advise me please ,please....

Dear Friend,
    First of all pls be extremly confident and positve abt urself...dont be worried about what others have got to say!! Its ur life and God know wht's best fr ur life!! I think u only have to be worried abt what ur huuby will tell u...
    If u feel,peple will assk u,the best reaction would be jus give them a smile and walk away from tht place..don't fear any1...

Its ur life afterall!!! All the best!!

cheers

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey come'on dont worry..

If some relatives ask, tell them u wanted to wait for your brother's wedding .
    just think of something funny and walk away saying this...

4. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

hi abcmart,

Why should you bother about the society. Tell them that you will be getting it the next year. Or else reply them with a broad smile. there ends the matter.

Ramavyasarajan

5. misa

misa New IL'ite

Enjoy your brothers wedding. Do not worry too much about what people ask. I think that most of the people now a days are very understanding and do not try to interfere much with other personal matters. Also, people assume that you must have had some challenges since it has been few years to your wedding.

This is from my own experience. The reaction from people varies..also depends on the people you meet and the level of comfort you have with the people.

I have been in TTC for 8 yrs now, initially I used to avoid family and relatives from discussing such topics. But after few years I starting tell my close family - siblings, inlaws and a few close friends.. "yes, we have been trying. But God hasnt blessed me yet. Lets see..nothing is in my hands". People slowly stopped asking questions, rather they give me hope and tremendous amount of inspiration.

My family and my in-laws were initial concerned because they assumed we were not trying, but once i told them i have been consulting doctors and working on it..they were very supportive. I havent shared my medical issues with anyone, but they are happy to know whatever it is, I am taking care of it.

well, this is my story..Just thought of sharing to provide a different perspective. Its not so horrible to share your problems with your "immediate" family.

But beware of whom you share your problems with. Once you tell anyone , you cannot "un tell".

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  6. hemaramamoorthy

hemaramamoorthy New IL'ite

Hey abcmart,

Be confident about yourself and first of all have positive thoughts in you. That is very much required to get your thoughts come true.

I know a little about PCOS but not sure of what the consequences are. But from your post, I can understand that you have every chance of getting a child.

Well, I am not gonna suggest you anything new. Its all about the ovulation calendar. Getting to know your ovulation day out of ur menstural cycle is very very important to get a kid.

Please visit and get to know more about this. When you try on these days the rate of succeeding is almost 100%. It worked for me and a couple of my friends.

Cheers,
    Hema.

7. hasiniramkumar

hasiniramkumar New IL'ite

hi abc mart,
    I am a new Ilite, me also travel in the same boat as you.. I ve PCOD, for this doc has advices me to reduce weight, check if there is necessary for you.. i have heard, that there is a product to test ovulation like we confirm pregnancy, it is avaialble in supermarkets in US, try that and try to do on those days.. All the best... shall be in our prayers, while we pray for us
    regards
    hasini

8. bbbhargavi

bbbhargavi New IL'ite

Hi

CAn u please translate the mantra in telugu and post.

[/QUOTE]

9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite