Infertility - social and family aspects

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sonal, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Re: How to handle Nagging friends?

Dear Venus,

I am not able to send pm to p2g.
    I find ur suggestion gud.If she can pm me her email id then maybe i can send her a mail.

Pary2god,if u like the suggestion you r welcome anytime to share the id.

suji

2. pray2god

pray2god Senior IL'ite

Re: How to handle Nagging friends?

Suji,

Thanks for the suggestions. Hoping to change and live my life bonk

3. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Ladies

I need some advice..
    I have been trying to conceive for the last one year or so..I have a few friends who are married and have kids.. They know I am consulting doctors regarding infertility issues..

Now the issue is, whenever I call them over the weekends to talk, all they do is keep talking about their babies.. she did this today, she did that.. etc..
    I do patiently try to listen to all this.. But after sometime it just gets very depressing.. And I dont feel like continuing the talk..the topic does not seem to move out from their babies..

I sometimes do feel guilty that when they share their kid's stories with me so excitedly, I just dont participate in the conversation.
    any tips on how to overcome this ...?

Thanks!

4. Smitha D

Smitha D New IL'ite

Hi VLR,

We all are sailing in the same boat, i know it must be very frustrating for yeah,
    All I can say is start taking interest in them too as i do in my case or else you would have to cut ur self socially which isn't a good idea so start taking interest in their kids it would also divert your mind. after all kids are god so why to ignore them and feel .....

My advice would be,to be of carefree attitude i know it's hard but not impossible and only if your mind is free from stress would your medications work.

Take care
    God bless

5. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Thanks Smitha...I was wondering why I never got any response ...
    i agree that keep your mind free of stress is probably the hardest part..and you are also right that I was beginning to cut down on my social activities...Now I realize it is not a wise thing to do..
    thank you very much for this advice..I will definitely try to follow these.

6. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello VLR,

I also follow the same way as smitha mentioned.. at times when I feel its hurting me a lot i'll try to divert the topic to some more intersting stuffs like Movies, In-laws, Gossips :-D etc.. and soon our talk shifts into these things...most of the time our discussion will be only around these topics.. that way even I feel good to have participated in the converstaion.. try doing this next time you can feel the difference

Regards,
    Malar

7. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Hi Malar (Nice name :))
    Thanks a lot for the advice & support.. I am feeling much better after hearing from you guys..This weekend will call my friends and talk to them,,. havent spoken to them for the last few weeks..
    Thanks again...it really helps to lift my spirits up..

8. Smitha D

Smitha D New IL'ite

Hey ladies out there :coffee,

After a lot of research and stuff I have a good revelation to do to console all the ladies like me who are wishing to be blessed with a little angle
    steps Computer Typing:-

1. can visit or order ghee from The Garbharashambika Temple in tamil nadu

chant

Hamavat yuththare paarshve
    Surada naama yakshine
    Tasyah Smarana matrena
    gharbinee bhavethu

2. Can also visit chilkur balaji in hyderabad

chant

Om Dhatre Namahah

3 This is most important for all even if they are going through medical treatment is doing positive yoga there are some postures to increase fertility.

Need any help do let me know

Just be positive
    god still does miracles you might be the next one

9. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello Smitha,

Thanks for the wonderful information. Did u ordered ghee or visited Garbharashambika temple ??? In case u ordered, I want to know from where u ordered and how long did it take for ghee to be delivered ??

Thanks in advance,
    Malar

10. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Just curious to know if you all had fertility workup done. This would include not only the checkup of female hormones / menstrual cycles but also a sperm analysis for your hubby. Because 40% of the time, the problem is not with the female, but the male sperm. This can be easily rectified through the use of IUI / IVF.

I know it is hard to convince Indian hubbies to get themselves tested, but it has to be done. Infact, in the US, the reproductive doctors will not give you any fertility medications such as clomid or perform IUI unless a sperm analysis has been done.

Cheers,

Pooja