1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inexpensive Return Gift Ideas For Toddlers

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by sanjuruby3, Jun 20, 2017.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I am planning bday party and need some ideas for return gifts and where to buy in bulk. Thing is this time we have lot of kids about 30. I have seen return gifts here in US are not really useful and very cheap. I understand the concept ofcouse but for me, and I feel pain buying things separately ( like candies, glasses etc) and mix them to make goodie bags. Moreover I have done that last yr.
    So I was thinking buying books or coloring pages like 1 item or 2 per bag but then these are not very cheap.

Any ideas.

sindmani likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Party Supplies, Toys, Wedding, Crafts, Decor: Oriental Trading

Look for assorted items in Oriental Trading Company: Toy Assortments, Wholesale Toys, Toys In Bulk

Buy "treat bags" with ties from amazon or elsewhere. Amazon.com: 200 Pcs 10 in x 5.5 in Clear Flat Cello Cellophane Treat Bags(1.4mil) Good for Bakery, Cookies, Candies, Dessert.: Kitchen & Dining

Put a few assorted items in each bag.

You can save the left over items in a box where kid can't find it. They come in handy for future birthdays and other parties.. Even when your child is older, there might be younger kids (siblings) invited.

If you have the time, a better option is to try a Dollar Store. Find one item costing less than $3 and give that.

dasikajl likes this.
  3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

If you have a 1/2 price books store near your house, I think it might be worth making a trip. You should find books that are proced quite low and assuming all your child's friends are toddlers as well, you should find some easy reading books. I am sure the parents will appreciate a book as well.

sindmani likes this.
  4. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

check Barnes&Nobles stores. They have lots of coloring books in clearance. I bought coloring books as gifts for $2 each.

sindmani likes this.
  5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Toddlers books are really good gift. I bought few in nearby sale , I saw in dollar tree too. There were many kids colouring books too in dollar tree.

6. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Books are good option, but you also can give some small hobby items like bird house kits , on which children can paint colors, they enjoy it and their parents will get an hour of free time.

Children look for excitement when they open the goody bags ....so plan accordingly.

sindmani likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

sindmani likes this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One year I was really busy and distributed $5 target gift cards. They were a big hit. For a long time all my friends did that.
    Now I have a teen who assembles her brother's goody bags!

sindmani likes this.
  9. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

You can try in AliExpress too. But they take lot of time to deliver.. check with seller once before you order

sindmani likes this.
  10. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I checked orientaltrading and aliexpress. It has good options but I do not have lot of time ( my mistake) so do not want to rely on these websites. I place bulk order and it does not arrive on time while party hall booked and everything.
    So I am thinking dollar store or 5$ gift cards. My H may not like idea of giving 5$. He does not understand.
    One another thing I am confused. How many kids max you guys had?
    I plan to invite her class and thats already a big class, then there are friends with kids. Now many may not come but we never know. Then kids have siblings + parents to come. My kid recently moved classes. We do not know new classmates or parents yet but since we were pre invited to bdays before moving, we are still going to their b'days. Now so I am confused If I should invite her old class too. If I invite her old class + new class + friends, there is going to be huge. We do not have any close relations in old class. Just met couple parents at every party.
    What do you suggest?