Indusladies 2nd Annual International Women's Day Blog Contest

Discussion in 'Contests & Winners' started by Induslady, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Checkout Top 10 Entries here

Dear All,

International Women’s Day is on March 8th!

It is a very special day for us women folk. To celebrate that special day, we are going to conduct our 2nd Annual International Women’s Day Blog Contest. Lots of gifts, plenty of recognition and tons of exposure to your blogs. We hope that you all can participate. Read on!

What is the contest?

We want you to blog about “A perspective on roles of Indian Women”. A Women plays a variety of roles in her life - daughter, sister, wife, daughter-in-law, mother, grand mother, employee and so on. Your blog post can address any particular angle with regards to those roles. Which role is the most important? Which role is she over-indexed on? Which roles limits her the most? Which role excites her the most? It can be a celebration, it can be a critique, it can be an aspiration, it can be an yearning, it can be anything. The intent is to create an impact on the reader.

How to participate?

• Make a blog post in your own blog. Needs to be a fresh post.
    • Add one of the 2 attached contest banners at the top of your entry and link it to this announcement post
    • Tag at least 3 of your fellow bloggers (and inform them to participate).
    • Tagged bloggers should be blogging outside IL.
    • Do your entries sooner so the tagged folks can participate too!
    • Leave a comment in this blog post with a link to your entry
    Prizes?

• Every participant adhering to the above will get an Indusladies Cap! Very stylish and just in time for Spring & Summer!
    • A panel will select the “Top 10 Impactful” entries. We will feature them in Indusladies.com homepage during the 10-days prior to the International Women’s Day. That is a ton of visibility as over 1 Million women visit Indusladies.com every month!
    • We will also select one “Most Impactful Entry” that will win Rs.10,000 Cash prize! It will also be featured in our March 8th email newsletter reaching over 1 lakh women!
    Timing?

• Entries should be posted between now and Feb 25th.
    • Top 10 entries featured in Indusladies.com homepage from Feb 26th - March 7th
    • Most Impactful Entry announced, Featured in Homepage & Newsletter - March 8th.
    Please refer FAQs related to this Contest. Any other questions that is not addressed, please ask below!

P.S - Last Year’s Winner

Checkout Top 10 Entries here

Note: Please send your mailing address in India to support@indusladies.com to receive your participation gift of IndusLadies Cap.<o:p></o:p>

2. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello,
    What about non-Bloggers? can they participate?

3. Induslady

Hi Custard,

This being an annual contest, we want to do this mainly for bloggers (internal & external).

Having said that, this would be a good opportunity for many members to take up personal blogspace in IL and start blogging.

So, if you can meet the blogging requirements of IL, why not take a personal blogspace in IL and kick-start blogging by posting an entry for this contest? Good Luck!

4. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

Dear IL Team

I am happy to send my latest entry for the 2nd Annual International Woman's Day Blog Contest
    To be a woman - IndusLadies

warm regards
    Suresh

5. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

Thanks Indusladies for registering my entry for the contest
    I wish to write more.

I have also informed by email to the bloggers tagged by me about the rules of the contest and that they can also post the blog in Sulekha with the IL banner.

One blogger Sridharaa, my dear friend has also told me that he has registered for Indusladies on my reference.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the results of the contest :)

Warm Regards
    Suresh

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

i have a few queries. are we allowed more than one entry?

can we tag bloggers from il who also blog outside il?

how does one tag?

7. Induslady

Hi Satchidananda,

Thank you for interest in participating in this contest. We would appreciate "the best" entry from each blogger rather than multiple entries.

Also, tagging is to mainly to get a wider reach for this contest. Bloggers within IL will get to know it thro' our banner displays, newsletters and other form of announcements and will get to participate if interested. So we want tagging of bloggers outside IL, for that would help increase participation from outside IL.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

HELP, HELP, HELP:drowning:drowning:drowning

i am hopelessly lost. i have typed in the entire entry and attached the
    contest banner. i tried to tag 3 non-IL members, by going to their blogsites and copying their addresses and pasting it in the tag box, but got the message that the tags were too long.

i am totally new to all this, but want to submit an entry called "the new age woman" for the contest..

please help. please give me a complete idiot's guide on how to tag the other bloggers. as of now, i have just submitted the entry with the links of the co-bloggers mentioned at the bottom of the post. could you please help me tag them, so that my entry would be complete? it would be very sad if i could not submit it after all, since i have written the entry for this exclusive purpose.

thanking you,

9. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

10. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchitananda,

Could you please provide a link to our contest announcement (either linking the banner or the text "IndusLadies 2nd Annual International Women's Day Contest in your entry)?

Thank you.