1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor Plants

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by alivelu, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for starting this thread. its becoming a feast for our eyes so much greenery and so beautiful pots and locations. thanks to all of you who are posting pictures. really you glas must be the QUEENS of GREEN IL or some such great name. I am able to admire you so much bec. i know the amount of time and effort that goes into upkeep. i have a few and I am really surprised they have survived so many years since I sometimes forget to water even. maybe i'm not even fit to reply here LOL but thanks for all the photos. as soonas i get a d.camera i'll take pictures and post too.

2. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Wow Alivelu!!!!

the word nandana vanam came to mind when I saw your 2nd picture in today's post.

3. Anandchitra

Blondie
    Did u mean nanda vanam?:-D

4. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi Alivelu,

Wow!!! More beautiful plants from you.!!!:2thumbsup: Enjoying all these plants threads a lot.:wink:

5. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Chitra unless nanda vanam also means the same, I meant nandana vanam.

nandana vanam = temple garden
    nandana vanam = Indra's pleasure garden.

6. Anandchitra

Thanks Blondie.

Its nice to scroll and look at the wonderful plants posted. today i noticed one of my plants drooping bec. i hadnt watered. so while i caught up i was thinking of alivelu and other ladies and am doing a better job now. I think my plants survive only bec. they are good ones and drought tolerant as i am not good at watering very regularly. hope visitng here helps me do better. all my roses are in great blooms and everyone is stopping and telling me how beautiful they look.

7. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitra,
    Why don't you post your rose garden pics..Some of the houses in my neighborhood have huge rose beds in their front yard with lot of colors. Looks so beautiful. When ever I go for walking in the evening stand there for few minutes and watch and enjoy the view and will come back…
    Tulasi

8. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Yes chitra, You should post the pics of your rose garden. In our adjacent neighbourhood there is one house that sits on big acreage(5 + acres). I think they owned the entire land on which the other houses were built and sold it to a developer, retaining the surrounding lands around their home. The surrounding land they developed as a garden and every time I walk past their house I am soooo tempted to take a walk in their garden but they have "No trespassing" sign posted:-( . They have a hot house, a conservatory, a bird house all at the back of the house. No matter how long I linger in the vicinity (while walking) I don't see anyone who lives in that house. There is always some one when I DRIVE PAST THAT HOUSE:)

9. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Alivelu, Blondie & Tulasi,

It's an absolute treat to the eyes to see the greenery in your houses. Must say you all have done an awesome job!:2thumbsup:

I've been thinking about growing some indoor plants & would appreciate your guidance. Have some questions...

What are the plants i can grow indoor & where can i get the saplings?
    Do the plants need to be kept outside for sometime (sunshine) every day?
    It can get very cold here for most of the year....is that an issue?

I'm taking baby steps into gardening & don't have much knowledge....your help & inputs will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ragini.

10. Anandchitra

Dear ladies
    just saw your mention for me to post pictures. i dont have a digital camera so unable to post pictures. i 'm sure i will have one by spring and will definetly post all pictures of garden/yard. my husband and i have worked on our whole yard by oursleves over the years and now they all look good. The roses are really putting on a good show. very pretty. i know i cant take credit bec. i only water that too not everyday. somehow they have done extraordinary.
    I am now getting ready for fall cleanup its taking too much time.