1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor plants - that you are protecting as well as using to decorate your home :)

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Srama, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Ilites,

I am sure if not all of you atleast some of you might be immeresed in snow and cold weather like me. Yet, this weather is what makes me want to see some green. When ever the ground is cleared of snow, I am happy to see even the dry dead grass :)

So I also have some indoor plants like money plant, dwarf palm, peace lilly, one cactus family plant, a rubber plant and one orchid which is just getting ready to flower!! I am also trying to protect a freinds plant and grwoing it for her :) Other than that of course I have moved my tropical plants indoors and trying hard to keep them alive! These include an orange plant, Tulsi, two jasmine plants and a beetle leaf plant. So far, but for some leaf dropping, they seem to acclimatize to the indoor environment and perk up when some sun light falls in or so I feel :)

Do share the indoor plants you have with pictures and we can exchange notes on what we have and why we have. I will upload some pictures soon.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011

Similar Threads
    1. chandrakiran
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Srama
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. meghna.rj
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Shmira

Shmira Bronze IL'ite

HI Nice thread you have started!!

Though I am not in a place with snow around, I like to keep plants in my patio. All of them are dead now during this winter, However my rose plant will resume back in summer like it did last summer. So there are no photos now to share. Will revisit later and post some!

I am planning to get an indoor artificial plant for decorative purpose for long time. But want it for best rate :rotfl, You know sometimes some of us like me keep on postponing a purchase to get the best deal.

Any thought :idea where I could get one for a better rate??? Appreciate that!!

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yeah, where I live we have terrible winters. I also have a few indoor plants, which I maintain outside during summer.
    Below are the ones I bring inside for winter: Jasmine, red hibiscus, Tulsi, button rose plant and a small myrtle plant.

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Well shmira, isn't it nice when plants do come back!! As for the artificial indoor plants may be you can check out garden ridge.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

You know I have killed a hibiscus too earlier and now stopped buying them. May be I should try my hand again :) Rakhii, would you mind sharing a picture of your myrtle plant?

6. Shmira

Shmira Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Srama for the suggestion !!! I shall check it whenever I go near this Garden Ridge area here!!

7. smitarubinsson

smitarubinsson Gold IL'ite

I have a few like christmas cactai, peace lilly, orchid, anthurrium and african voiolets that are kept indoors, i have still to get into the mood to start sowing for this years spring and summer.