1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indigo Powder

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by pari_arun69, Mar 20, 2009.

1. sarr

sarr Guest

:rotfl.happened to my sister too.i think fresh leaves dont work.i am upset because i made her do all those stuff and wasted 3 hours of her life(as she said):bonk

2. usr12

usr12 New IL'ite

Hi
    Just wanted to share my exp with Indigo..After long research I it bought it online and tried . But my hair did not turn out black .. It was was not kind of grayish and it is alreday turning back into white color within a week.. I just have 10 strands -grey as of now .. I am also wondering if henna/indigo can give proper coverage if you have lots of grey..

Thanks

3. prakashji

prakashji New IL'ite

I fully agree with you that orange hair looks bad I too have 80% grey hair and have used chemical hair colour for years and suddenly developed allergy so switched to mehandi but the same problem Orange hair but I got help from earth clinic one lady ranjana helped me to get herbal hair powder which has catnip, nettle, indigo and two other herbs which right now I don't remember. I don' know whether I.m allowed to give phone number on this forum but I get it home delivered and whether that lady sends outside mumbai or not I' not aware of it and yes this powder has to be mixed with good quality henna and it gives beautiful brown burgundy colour

4. veenasrini

veenasrini New IL'ite

Re: black hair

indigo powder or kala mehandi is better? kala mehandi has any any side effects?

5. SrividyaNKumar

SrividyaNKumar Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    Could somebody tell me from where I can get Indigo powder in Bay area.. I've have seen few people already asked for this..

Uma,
    Were you able to find that..

Somebody, pls. help..

Regards,

Vidyaa

1 person likes this.
  6. ushagiridhar

ushagiridhar New IL'ite

actually recently i came to know (i dont know how many years in market) there is a powder called kaca available in chennai where u have two packs of henna and indigo each, which says first day henna application next day indigo it works out wellbut only problem is it is too cold most of us get sinusitis but worth trying provided u have patience and time for two consecutive days, they also say u can put the same day but then cold attack is severe.

7. shantiachanta

shantiachanta New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I live in Singapore. Can anyone please tell me where I can buy pure indigo powder here? Thanks.
    shanti.

8. prakashji

prakashji New IL'ite

you can buy it from ebay

9. shantiachanta

shantiachanta New IL'ite

Hi,

I have used indigo powder mixed with henna powder. After reading all the interesting and informative posts on indigo powder, I wanted to share my experience with you all. I soaked henna powder with beet root water and tea decoction overnight in an iron kadhai. In the morning I mixed in indigo powder (2:1 ratio to henna powder) to and an egg white. Let it stand for 45 mins (indigo dye weakens if soaked for longer). I applied all over my hair using gloves and brush. Washed with plain warm water after 3 hours. I am super thrilled with the resulting hair color, a deep brown. Apply oil overnight or at least 2 hours before you shampoo the next day. Use a herbal/homemade shampoo to help preserve the color for longer.

Earlier, with just henna, the grey hairs were a deep red, now I can hardly make out the difference between black and grey hairs.

I wish to thank you for this very useful tip which helped me in my mission to tackle grey hair. Keep up the good work :))

shanti.

1 person likes this.
  10. prakashji

prakashji New IL'ite

Why don"t you try ebay there are many sellers and it is safe with paisa pay