1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indifference And Unfair????

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by boldnbutiful, May 17, 2017.

1. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Op,
    Are you working in auz?
    Does ur inlaws know that ur parents sponsored naming ceremony?

If u r not working, then inlaws may feel that u r living off their son and hence ur parents gift proposal. Neverthless, its known tactic of inlaws..there will b many more occassions, where they expect girl's parents to follow traditions, whereas they conveniently get away with some lame reasons..
    just ignore op

sindmani and boldnbutiful like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Saree...auto correct wd naby in one hand sorry for mis typings[/QUOTE]
    Just a Saree.leave it.
    I have lost 50 lakhs to my inlaws

3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Can understand why you are feeling bad, OP..either u talk to them upfront and tell them how u feel bad about them nIt doing any presentation for ur son..or u can let it go..or if u believe in tit for tat do not make any cash gifts or presentations to their side people , tell the reason as shortage of cash..

4. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

I used to quirk back in India and In auz I did few contract roles..nothing permanent. ...
    Yes they do feel that.and express ed it quite openly.....The job market here is quite difficult

sindmani likes this.
  5. boldnbutiful

Just a Saree.leave it.
    I have lost 50 lakhs to my inlaws[/QUOTE]
    50l my goodness hope they at least realise it

6. boldnbutiful

They are quite shameless people. .they do everything behind .ppl back. In front of ppl they act as such saints. ....trust me they r not short on cash...they are feeling bad that we r not sending them money and show off inf9rnt of relatives , my hubby used to do it bfr marriage which led to many debts here which I got to know after I came here and they say they are not aware of their sons debts. ....we dun send money because we ourselves are struggling financially

7. prestine

prestine Silver IL'ite

Dear op,

The gift for the baby should be given out of love and blessings. If they don't have such a heart the gift is just materialistic. Stop expecting anything from them.

Also inform your parents that they can gift simple gifts just for the sake of rituals. Don't feed the in law with hefty gifts

boldnbutiful likes this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Did your parents sponsor to your kid's naming ceremony by force or out of love?
    If it is the former, you must have stopped that right away, and asked them to back off from sponsoring. Because your child is your responsibility and not your parents. If you and your H do not afford a ceremony, it is OK not to conduct it.
    But forcing parents in the name of ritual is not right. Allowing them to spend on us is equally very bad.
    But if they sponsored willingly, that too from their pocket since they afford it, then it is altogether a different case.

Just because your parents' sponsored something, doesn't mean your PILs too do equally as that. It is a choice.
    Their love and right towards the child doesn't change as per the value of their gift.
    The gift may be some heavy gold or a cheap cloth, but it has to be taken with thanks.
    You should not demand a gift, that too from elders.

If PILs ask you about your parents' gift, don't get carried away... Just give them honest answer. Your parents are not required to gift you. So, don't feel bad in any case if your parents chose to give nothing either.
    Just because your PILs ask this, doesn't mean your parents should rush to gift you something.

Now that, your PILs have given you a reason. It may be a complete lie. But let it go.
    You can't do anything about it.

The next time, when you plan to gift something to your PILs, you may consider these lies in return.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  9. boldnbutiful

My parents have sponsored it without any force from either of us...they did it bcz that's what they did for my sisters son (their words)....

My feelings are hurt not because they haven't given my son anything but gave my cousin sil's son a very big gift for absolutely no occasion and that they rub it on me....they are like waiting for me.to confront them so that they can create a big scene

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

If that's the case, your H should feel hurt for it, and he should confront with his parents. Not you.
    It is between him and his parents.
    You are happy that your parents did not show any differences. But they apparently showed a difference and that should affect their son.
    Looks like your H is okay with this, that too after consulting with them on this matter.

So, what is all about your worry? Why should you confront or play evil here?
    Your husband is an adult man, and now a father. Believe in his capacity to handle this problem.
    Don't jump in to any confrontation and spoil your peace of mind.