1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

India's Favourite - CRICKET

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Mar 25, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Yesterday's match inspired me to write this. Some random ramblings on cricket.

One of my colleague was very unhappy with Indian bowlers performance in World Cup matches. His suggestion was Indian Team should have 11 batsmen in the team since anyone can bowl the way our bowlers are bowling. With 11 batsmen atleast we can make more runs. :)

I have a friend (P) who is a big big fan of Sachin. During one of the discussions friend (S) told that Sachin has become old and he should retire. P was so angry and started firing on S. Their fight went on for almost 1 hour. Somehow we were successful in making peace between them. Now, everyone is careful not to talk anything negative about Sachin. :)

Another person I know stood in the queue for almost 6 hours to buy a ticket for the recent India-England match in Bangalore. He also witnessed the stampede which happened near the stadium that day. He stood in the queue for another 4 hours when we went to watch the match.

Yeah, and how can we forget the 1996 semi-final between India and Srilanka in Eden garden, Kolkota. When India started losing, the crowd started throwing bottles on the ground.

We are a cricket crazy nation and we love our cricket heroes...

All of us are awaiting the big semi-final game on 30th... Let us all wish, pray that India wins the WORLD CUP... Cheers India!!!

2. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vid...I can your love on Cricket...Of course me too...belong to the same nation. :cheers

Lets hope the best!

3. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

When I came home for lunch yesterday (US time), Dhoni had gotten out and things looked dicey for India. I wondered whether there would be riots if India lost. Fortunately, Yuvraj Singh and Raina saved the day.

You can watch highlights on the Net. Gautam Gambhir tried to run himself out three times -- he was third time (un)lucky :) He was raging mad at Yuvraj.

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi vid,

As it is said "cricket is a religion in india" which i totally agree with :bowdown

Praying for India to bring home the cup .

Go Team India:thumbsup

Akila

5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi Vid, I also pray for India. All the best Indian Team

6. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Hurray!!! We did it.. Through to the finals... Lets hope we win it... Chak De India!!!!