1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Woodlands, Texas

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by towoodlands, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi Vjams,

Welcome to Woodlands, I live in Avana Sterling ridge apartments on Lakewoodlands Drive. Even I am new to this place, but this is very nice location and has Indian community. The schools in this area are top rated and good. This location is very good, I mean the grocery, doctors and even Hindu temple is very close by

Let me know if you would need any further details, I will see what best information can be provided

2. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi Vjams,

Welcome to Woodlands, I live in Avana Sterling ridge apartments on Lakewoodlands Drive. Even I am new to this place, but this is very nice location and has Indian community. The schools in this area are top rated and good. This location is very good, I mean the grocery, doctors and even Hindu temple is very close by

Let me know if you would need any further details, I will see what best information can be provided

3. vjams15

vjams15 New IL'ite

Thanks Lavanya! Really appreciate your reply. Do they have Tamil schools, Carnatic vocal lessons and classical dance classes for kids?

4. vjams15

vjams15 New IL'ite

Thanks Lavanya!
    Do you know anyone from whispering pines apartments?

5. vjams15

vjams15 New IL'ite

Really appreciate your reply. Do they have Tamil schools, Carnatic vocal lessons and classical dance classes for kids?

6. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

I donot know anyone from whispering pines apartments. Oh yes they do have Tamil classes. I have seen Carnatic lessons and classical dance classes being conducted in the Hindu Woodlands Temple, which is just a walk able distance from the place where I stay.

Do you speak Tamil? I speak tamil, I am a stay at home mom, have a 3 year old boy.

7. vjams15

vjams15 New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya
    Thanks for your response. Yes I do speak tamil, we are from Chennai. We are moving to whispering pines apartments this month end.

8. vjams15

vjams15 New IL'ite

I have a 6 year old daughter and 2 1/2 year old son. I am glad to know that they have tamil classes and music classes. Does your son goes to any Montessori or preschool?

9. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

oh that is nice. The Schools in and around this area are good and highly rated. My son goes to Preschool.

10. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

We are from Chennai as well :) :)