Indians in Seoul,South Korea

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by GeethaVani, Feb 18, 2007.

1. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

Hi Raj,
    Check out the following link, hope it mi8 be helpful to you.
    Job Openings in Korea
    if you are in embedded then there are good opportunities, by the way korean is not mandatory for job, but for your survival u need to learn some basic phrases. have a nice day, bye

2. kalyaninj

kalyaninj New IL'ite

Hi Rizwan,
    Can u plz tell me where can we get Basmathi rice or Jasmine rice other than in Itaewon Foreign Foodmart.If u know any plz let me know the address and phone number and train route & line number also.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kalyani.

3. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

Hi Kalyani,
    There are many Indian and pakistani stores around itaewon,,, as you said you want other than itaewon, I can suggest Gwangju (which is near to seongnam),, but there is no subway for gwangju, You need to take the bus from seongnam (bus number 3-1, 3-2 and 500),, I dont know where actually you stay, so i gave the bus route from seongnam. In gwangju there are many stores where you find basmati rice. Hope it helps,,,

4. kalyaninj

kalyaninj New IL'ite

Hi Rizwan,
    Thank u very much for the information.I stay at Pyeongchon Station.Now can u plz assist me as to from which line I should go till Seongnam and from there I shall take the (bus number 3-1, 3-2 and 500) to Gwangju.But Rizwan can u tell me in which location is this indian stores.how to go to that store from Gwangju station.Now a days Basmathi rice is not available becoz of emergency declared in pakistan.
    So, can u give me the telephone number of the shop if available so that we can chk and go to get Rice.Sorry if I am giving pain to u.

Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani N J

5. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

Hi kalyani,
    You can take the subway (Pyongchon ---> Sadang ---> Jamsil ---> Dandaeogeori) or (Pyeongchon ---> Sadang ---> Seolleung ---> Bokjeong ---> Dandaeogeori). Dandaeogeori is Seongnam, so you can take the bus from Save Zone(bus stop).
    Even I heard there is shortage of basmati rice, so i can give you the shop name and number;
    Jasper Corporation ltd,
    3rd Floor, 27-98 Youk-Dong,
    Gwangju-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
    Tel: 031-767-6522
    HP: 019-345-6522
    Hope this information helps you to find the shop. Near the gwangju first stop only u will find the shop, and even they are co-operative, so you may not find much difficulty. I suggest you to call and confirm about the basmati rice and if they dont have ask them whether they can arrange. There are other shops also, but i dont have their contact information,, but all are near only.
    By the way you dint trouble me by asking this, I feel happy to share information and help my fellow Indians. have a nice time.

6. renu25

renu25 New IL'ite

Hi Mr Rizwan
    My Husband got an offer in seoul in an IT company with a salary of 2700 USD with acoomodation . Plz let me know if we can save atleast 1800 USD with this salary ??

7. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

Hi Renu,
    You dint mentioned that it is gross or net salary. If it is gross then surely you can save more than 2000 USD, if it is net salary then it depends how much deductions are happening for Health insurance, National Pension Scheme(NPS), Income Tax etc.
    However savings also depends on whether he is staying alone or with family. I can give you example of my expenses, I am alone and accomodation is provided by the company, so only my personal expenses for food and other stuff will be approximately 400 USD per month.
    Hope this information was helpful, If you have any doubts reply back.

8. queenindus

queenindus New IL'ite

Hi this is ezhil. am also living in seoul from past 3 months. Am very happy to know that indians are here. friends am looking for jobs in seoul. i have a master degree so pls let me know the kind of jobs and vacancies here.

Expecting reply
    Ezhil

9. sinvim

sinvim New IL'ite

Hello there,
    I just came across this site while i was googling abt seoul,my husband has gotta an offer in seoul..n we are just wondering how wud the life in seoul n tryin to find out details.can anyone plz let me know how to go about gettin a house as soon as we land up there.and i have 2.9 yrs kid,so worried abt the school as well.Kindly help me.
    Thanks.
    sinvim,india.

10. sinvim

sinvim New IL'ite

Relocating to seoul shortly

Hello,

We are shifting to seoul shortly...like to know abt good nursary schools for my 3yr old daughter and place of work for my hubby K1 REIT Bldg, #463 Chungjeongno 3-ga Seodaemun-gu Seoul 120-709 Korea, can anyone help us with the nearest residential location...we need a fully furnished apts and like to know the rents too.

Thanks

sindhu