1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Seattle - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Seattle' started by Jey, Jul 3, 2007.

1. anukasi

anukasi New IL'ite

hi manju

where are u staying?

2. Bhuvanya1

Bhuvanya1 New IL'ite

Hello Friends...This is Bhuvanya..We are currently living in Chicago.Iam a housewife and have a 3 year old daughter..My husband got an offer in Amazon in South Lake campus,Seattle.
    Wanted to get some information on apartments and places that are more suited to Indians
    My husband would prefer to drive to work..We were kinda shortlisting Bellevue as the place to move in..

what are the good apartments in that area which is close to some pre schools...
    Are there are other good area apart from Bellevue which is close to Seattle and has got some good pre schools..
    Suggest some kids activities in that place as well...

Our budget for the apartments ~ 1300

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  3. manishsat

manishsat New IL'ite

Hi All ,

I will be moving to seattle from singapore in october with a 6.8 yrs old Kid, can you please help me with some good daycare and elementary school options, Please feel free to share any other relocating advise or what shall I bring what's not easily available there etc.

Many thanks!!

regards
    Neeru

4. SwethaSuri

SwethaSuri New IL'ite

Hi Bhuvanya,

We are staying in Bellevue, and my husband also works for Amazon. But my husband prefers to take the bus to and from work as it is quicker, and don't need to worry about finding parking at downtown. Other than Bellevue places which have a lot of Indians are Bothell or Issaquah. But both are quite a far distance to drive, in the morning traffic could take up to an hour. with no traffic it will be about 20-30 mins drive.

I don't know much about Bothell or Issaquah, but with a budget of $1300 Bellevue/Redmond might be a bit of a stretch (at least during summer time), you could still get a smaller 1 bedroom place at this price, but with a 3 year old you might want a slightly larger place to give your daughter place to move about, which would move you up to at least $1400-$1450 range.

- Swetha :)

5. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

couples with kids do prefer staying is bellevue as it has good schools, parks etc. sorry I don't have kids so can't help you there...

but 1300 $ looks a little less to me...i think u can get a decent 1 bedroom apartment in 1600-1700$...

good luck!

6. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

no idea about schools & daycare as I don't have kids

and ur second question..everything is available here... there are lot of Indian stores [in bellevue/redmond]...so no need to bring much from home...

7. Bhuvanya1

Bhuvanya1 New IL'ite

Thanks Swetha for the details.The information was helpful.My Husband mentioned there is vanpool option to amazon office.So,he is thinking about using Vanpool if driving is not an option.

Is Redmond slighly cheaper than Bellevue in terms of rent.Also,with a 3 old kid,do the aparmtents allow in a 1 bed apartment?

When we looked at apartments in Bellevue,we were kinda looking at Woodland Commons and Hampton greens apartments .If you dont mind,which apartment you are staying?Just wanted to get an idea about some of the good apartments in that area.

Regards
    Bhuvanya

8. Bhuvanya1

Bhuvanya1 New IL'ite

Thanks Sunnaa ...Can u give some apartments regarding the places to live which would have good indian population along with preschools close by...

Thanks
    Bhuvanya

9. manishsat

manishsat New IL'ite

Thanks Sunnaa,

Can any one please let me know which areas will be good to rent apartment as I will be working at Amazon, some good neighborhood with good elementary schools.

Best regards
    Neeru

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  10. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Elementry schools aregood in Redmond and Sammamish.