1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Seattle 2012

Discussion in 'Indians in Seattle' started by bukhi, Jan 23, 2012.

1. bukhi

bukhi New IL'ite

Heyy Ladies!

New to Indusladies.. I see there are many threads but not sure, how many are active:spin...

So thought will post here... Are there any indians out here in bellevue, redmond area and are at home thanks to H4??

I am a homemaker now & would love to hear from you guys :):hiya

2. Shomini

Shomini New IL'ite

hi to everyone!! Little introduction about me: I am on H4 visa,since 4 months.I have completed my B.E in Electronics and communication from India.i was working with IT software industry in India, before marriage and have a work experience of 2.5 years. Seriously,H4 Visa has strange ways of driving a person insane....:) Im giving my best shot trying all ways to kill my time @ home ..but, I want to make proper use of my skills and education. Please help me find a way to start earning for my skills and education..any ideas? I would also love to start with a bit of volunteering too... Well... currently i am put up in Bellevue :)

3. bukhi

bukhi New IL'ite

Hi Shomini.. join the bandwagon. I share almost a similar story :). I am not sure, about work options as we are on H4 but there is a place called Gurukul.Its basically a volunteer organization for teaching Hindi for the Indian community children. Its run by indians and it happens on Sunday in Interlake School, Bellevue. So you could volunteer as a substitute hindi teacher or help in their administrative work etc.
    I am planning to start that from the following sunday, so you could join in too.. Its just a good way of meeting people, so planning to do that :)

So how do you spend time at home? Made any new friends!
    Are we the only newbies to Seattle? Where are others???

4. ayyalassree

ayyalassree New IL'ite

Hi , I am also from Seattle area. But we live a 20 min distance from Bellevue , in Issaquah. We moved to seattle from Hartford an year back. I have an 18 month old daughter. I am interested in making new friends.

5. bukhi

bukhi New IL'ite

Heyy ayyalassree.. good to hear from someone finally :).. how have u been? How are you liking the place :).. i am sure you must be having your hands full with a small baby at home..neverthesless.. how do u spend time?

6. ayyalassree

ayyalassree New IL'ite

Hi Bukhi, I am doing good. How are you doing? My daughter keeps me occupied for most of the time. when i get any free time , i try my hands on painting or sewing. what do u do in your free time? do u have lots of friends in the area?which part of India are u from?I am from Hyderabad.catch ya again then.

7. bukhi

bukhi New IL'ite

Am doing good too! Nice to hear from u :).. well, i dont really have many friends here! I hardly see anybody getting out to know others..cant blame them, all are busy :D..The friends i made already left to India for good! So i keep myself busy blogging, watching sitcoms and cooking :D..I am from Bangalore!
    Painting wow! what kind of painting ? Is this ur first time to States or just hopping states from within?

8. asara

asara New IL'ite

Hey Gals,

Nice to see some activity in here!!!!

Iam also sailing in the same boat, i live in bellevue,gals lets catch up on FB what say??!!!

TIA
    asara

9. bukhi

bukhi New IL'ite

Heyy Tia welcome :).. its great to see people responding finally! Sure lets create a FB group of Seattle Indians..Let me know ur FB profile names..will send a grp invite!

10. asara

asara New IL'ite

Hey Bukhi,

There is a group already created on FB as Seattle indians and iam part of it,let me know your profile name, i will add you to the group.

Cheers
    asara