indians in philippines

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by nakshatra81, Nov 30, 2008.

1. wifeandmommy

wifeandmommy New IL'ite

hi new friend

Glad that it didnt, we were very much safe. Just that it rained a lot n the wind was bad which was early in the morning, so bad that many trees were uprooted, n i jumped off my bed listening to the sound thinking that my husband has fallen off the bed :hide:.

But the sad part is that many were left without homes and many lost their lives.

2. anitagade2003

anitagade2003 New IL'ite

hi i am new to the website... but pretty old in manila... Me and my family have been in makati since 10yrs... just wanted to know if anyone still in manila?? :)

3. RNR

RNR New IL'ite

Hi I am Indian living with my family here in pasig city i can help u here. Please contact me through private messages.

Admin Note: You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free gift subscription, which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. More Details.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  4. Vaidyan

Vaidyan New IL'ite

Any Ayurveda centers in Manila?

Dear friends,
    I am trying to organize a center for Ayurveda in Manila. May I have some advice as to how do generally Philippine people do with Ayurveda, and also how is it with Indian people. I am eager to meet Indian expats who are there for long and wish to discuss with them on the subject. Please contact me through private messages.

Admin Note: You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free gift subscription, which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. More Details.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
  5. janice137

janice137 New IL'ite

Hello lovely Ilites in the Philippines! I'm a Filipino who recently moved back to Manila. I was wondering if any of you know of a good place in Manila where I can shop for a sari / salwar kameez or a shop where I can have an Indian outfit made? I will be attending an Indian wedding in Singapore and I don't have time to shop there, as I will just fly in for the wedding ceremony itself. Besides I think buying in the Philippines would be somewhat cheaper.

Also, if you can suggest good websites where I can see what an "appropriate" outfit a guest to an Indian wedding should wear. Instead of a sari, can I wear a salwar kameez instead? I fear that I won't be able to wear the sari properly and might spend the entire evening desperately trying to keep my outfit together :)) If salweer kameez can be worn at a temple wedding, can you show me what styles are appropriate (shiny fabric? with elaborate embroidery? what colors are acceptable? should the pants be loose or should it be narrow like those skinny jeans? ) I know the outfit should be "fancier" than the salwar kameez normally worn but I have no idea what styles are suitable.

I hope you can help. Thank you very much.

6. Espe04

Espe04 New IL'ite

Most Indian in the Philippines were doing great in Business. I from Philippines.

7. nandgina

nandgina New IL'ite

Hi Indians in Manila,
    It is so heartwarming to know that there are so many of us here.
    I have recently moved to Manila (about a month back) with my husband and two daughters. I have got myself well acquainted with the Indian grocery stores and restaurants. From what i have experienced of the city, i love the warm people, wonderful parks and malls.

My elder daughter who is 5 was going to a kindergarten school in India but now i will have to enroll her in a school here. I was hoping for some help in that regards.
    We are currently staying in Makati.. LP Leviste street. So i am looking for something that is close by. If any of you could help me out with some suggestions, would appreciate it.

thanks,
    Nandini

8. poppy2008

poppy2008 Bronze IL'ite

Dear indian friends in manila,
    i need some help from you.

we are plannig to move to manila, my son is 6yrs old, plan to enrol in ISM, my husband office is in EASTWOOD,
    I want to know how much travel time will it take from school to office by car? which place is better to search houses?
    if u know any websites for rental houses pls share with me.!!
    i would like to know how much approx monthly cost for 3 bedroom ,2 bathroom houses??(in makati,ortigas,near school)

thanks a lot, pls help me...:bowdown

9. DeepaliPraveen

DeepaliPraveen New IL'ite

Hi All

This is Deepali frm India, moving to makati city in feb ......really don't know what to expect......would be very thankfull if someone could tell about good play schools as i have a 1.8 yr old daughter beside that security issues,work scenerio as in the work permit and all, hobby classes for kids n adult.

Lookin' fwd to hear frm u

thanks n regards
    deepali

10. roshal

roshal New IL'ite

Hiii me just a newbiw in Manila, want some new frenzzz!!!