1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in North Carolina (NC) - Introduce yourself here!!

Discussion in 'Indians in North Carolina' started by saralapatlori, Aug 15, 2007.

1. lucky_bandi

lucky_bandi New IL'ite

Re: Indians in Charlotte, North Carolina (NC) - Introduce yourself here!!

Hi Priya,

Thanks fr ur invitation.bt i'm sorry i cudn't make it as i left fr minneapolis.any way u cn meet my frnd in vinoy.her name is deepa.her house is opposite 2 the kidz play area.

2. madhurikiran

madhurikiran New IL'ite

Hi All

I'm Madhuri and have just joined the IL community. I came to the US in the first week of april with my husband who is a consultant. I have 3 yr old son and am into 4 months of my 2nd pregnancy. we had come to the US with an intention of staying here for only a month and half and were supposed to return to India in mid May. But as my husband has secured another project we may have to stay over till aug 08. Currently I'm in Herndon Virginia and may move over to Charllotte for the 2nd project.

Can somebody guide me on how to go about securing an appointment with a doctor for my check ups in Charllotte. As the medical services are very diffirent from what we experience in India, I feel very insecure. Awaiting an early reply

regards

Madhuri

3. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

Hello Madhuri,

what a coincidence! we are in herndon virginia,and i am moving to charlotte next week.i have a 2 1/2 month old boy.

do not worry,first call ur insurance and check whether they can coverage in NC(most of big companies does cover whole US,but we need to change to coverage area from VA to NC),then search for the ob/gyn in charlotte area (u can either search this thru their website or u can call the customer service and get that)
    next step is u need to either collect ur records from VA( if they are asking money means ,then verify whether u need to sign for records release to another doctor)dr to dr record transfer is free.

once u select ur dr,call from here and fix a appointment.mention them that u r in ur 4th month of pregnancy,so that they will give the appt as per ur prenatal visit.,

its easy,most of the doctors are good .if u need any detail ,contact me .i hope u cannot send PM as ur a new lite,my mail id is arunsorna yahoo.com

4. mathynila

mathynila New IL'ite

Iam living in charlotte.Iam new mom they are two great hospitals in charlotte.
    1.presbyterian hospital(presbyterian.org)
    2.carlonila medical center(.carolinashealthcare.org)
    you can search the physicians(Obstetrics and Gynecology )under women services(check with your insurance) the doctors are so good. You can contact my e-mail Id.(mathynila@gmail.com)

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  5. subharajesh

subharajesh Senior IL'ite

hai
    where do u live in charlotte
    i am in university area

6. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Re: anyone from charlotte, nc state

Hi Sarla,

I live in Charlotte, NC.... I live in South Charlotte (near Carowinds)? Where do you live?It will be nice to meet you. Gimme an email if you are interested in talking...I will let you know my phone #

7. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

i am in whitehall.anybody there?

8. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Hi Sorna,

I live near Carowinds...Actually we live close to the new Super Target complex (South Tryon & Steele Creek intersection). Whitehall is very close to where I live...So may be we can meet sometime..
    Mrudula

9. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

Hi Mrudula,

sure,we can meet. i am new to charlotte,settling down.Is there any places we can visit in and around Charlotte?(i want to take my mom and dad).

How long u r in charlotte? i like it here.

10. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Hi Sorna,

I gave you a detailed message yesterday but I don't know what happened to my reply...Just disappeared...Anyways there are not too many things to see in Charlotte...You can see IMAX movie @ Discovery Place in downtown....Though I have never been, I heard Daniel Stowe Botanical gardens is good...You couples of places approx 4-5 hrs drive from charlotte. You can go to Biltmore Estate in Asheville. It's only 2.5 hrs drive. And there are Blue ridge mountains in Tennessee. The drive is beautiful in Fall...And of course Atlanta is close by approx 3.5 hrs drive.
    Hope this helps
    Mrudula